Chapter 4

4 (Kaitlyn's POV)

After school, Paul and I went to a close diner.

Paul and I were the type of friends who hold hands, hug every moment we could, and give so many kisses to each other. But, all we are are friends.

There Paul and I were, hand in hand, when I hear a scream come from the alley.

"What the-" I said turning around

Without a word Paul and I start running to the alley, seeing what was going on. TO my surprise it was John.

"John! Oh my god, John! Stop!" Paul said rushing over pulling John of some guy.

Before the boy ran, John spit at him then kicked him away.

"JOHN! WHAT WAS THAT?!" Paul screamed 

"Nothing. Just...forget about." He said looking down

I sighed, rubbing Johns back saying,

"Wanna go to my house? Aunt Mimi can not see you like this..."

He nodded walking to the direction to my house.

"I'll get some food yeah?" Paul said walk back over to the diner

The whole way home was silent, you could hear a pin drop. I didn't know what to say, or do for that matter. While I was lost in my own thought he grabbed my hand. He didn't stop, or do anything different. He felt so soft, so warm. I felt his blisters from his guitar, and could I say, his skin tingled. 

John spoke softly saying

"Don't tell the others." Almost in a whisper

"Why?" I said looking up at him

Without a word he grabbed me and pulled me to a fence. "Strawberry Feilds" it said.

He jumped the fence, motioning me to do so. After I got situated, he sat me down grabbed my hands and started to play with them.

"You can do so much better..." he said looking into my eyes

"I keep hurting you, and hurting myself. I'm sorry..." and with that, he left.

Shocked I walked home. I already saw Paul, George, Mike and Audrey talking to my Grandmother. It was times like there I cherished.

"Back when I was a kid, I would never wear.." My Grandmother went on

"Grandma! I'm home!" I said walking over looking at what Paul brought home from the diner. 

"I got your favorite." Paul said with a wink

"So cheeky.." Audrey said make me giggle.

'Wheres John?" Paul asked

"Why? What happened to him?" George said looking at me.

"Oh, nothing. He said he was just gonna crash at some friends house instead." I said taking a bite of my burger.

"George is gonna be staying with us for a couple of days. His parents are going out of town" My grandma said looking at me

I nodded and looked at Audrey. I knew she loved him, and I also knew he loved her. But then there was Michael...

Hearing that, Micheal gave Audrey a huge kiss. I just smiled and threw a couple of french fries at them.

"Alright. We better get going." Audrey said standing up.

"Yeah me too." Paul said kissing my cheek and leaving to his house.

As Audrey left I gave her a huge hug and whispered in her ear,

"Don't worry, I'll talk to him." 

She smiled and left hand in hand with Mike.