Chapter 15 - The Hellhound's Extinguisher

Chapter 15

Alayna did not feel betrayed. By the way that Jordan looked earlier, she was sure that the green-eyed deputy had nothing to do with this. She looked outside of the window and noticed something. "The station is in the other way. Where are you really taking me, Victoria?"

"Considering your situation, I don't think that you're in the right place to ask questions," Victoria remarked.

"Are you acting like this because your sense of justice is absolute or you're jealous because Jordan is not interested in you?" Alayna provoked and she was good at it considering how Victoria's expression had changed to a frustrated one. Instead of answering directly, Victoria brought Alayna to an abandoned warehouse far away from Beacon Hills High School and the station. "You don't know how easy it is for me to break free from this handcuffs,"

"If I were you, I wouldn't sound so sure," Victoria pulled a syringe out of her pocket. The fluid inside the syringe was in the shade of purple. There was no doubt that it was wolfsbane. "Think before you speak next time. Even if you break free, what can you do when there are three of us and only one of you?"

***

Jordan hurriedly went to the station to explain what happened to Alayna. He wanted to tell her that he did not have anything to do with Victoria knowing where they were. Unfortunately, she was not there. The green-eyed deputy saw Scott and Stiles together with the Sheriff in his office. He barged inside without knocking. "Where's Alayna?"

"She's still missing ever since yesterday, Parrish," the Sheriff looked confused. He wondered why his deputy looked so troubled.

"N—No. She stayed with me all ni—"

"What?" the Sheriff halted Jordan from speaking. Noah could not believe his ears. "You hid her?"

"She ran away because you didn't keep your end of the deal, Sheriff," Jordan never thought that the day would come that he would raise his voice to the Sheriff.

"I did keep it," Noah defended himself. "I just don't know why those juniors' parents suddenly changed their minds at the same time that the waitress from the restaurant filed a complaint,"

"That's what we were talking about here, Parrish. It seems like someone wants Alayna to be in jail so that she won't be working against the water nymphs," Stiles stepped in when he noticed that Parrish was panicking. "Do you know where Alayna is?"

"Alayna was with me all night and in the morning, Victoria was at my door. She handcuffed Alayna and told me that she would take Alayna to the station," Jordan held his breath when he explained. "They left earlier than me so they should be here,"

"But why aren't they here?" Scott frowned. "Does Victoria hold a grudge against Alayna?"

"Maybe Victoria just likes you very much?" Noah tried to guess.

"I don't think so, Dad. Yes, Victoria likes Parrish but I think there's something more to it," Stiles deeply observed the situation. "Maybe Victoria thinks that Alayna is a threat. The waitress in the restaurant, Lara Grace, she might have figured out that Alayna's onto her that's why she and Belinda disappeared,"

"Liam told me that there are three water nymphs," Scott told the others. "...and Lydia came here one night because she felt that someone was going to die..."

"We thought that it was you, Parrish, because you're the only single man in the room," Stiles added. "Lydia felt it because Victoria likes you. We were wrong when we thought that you were the one who's going to die. Jealousy is Victoria's strongest weapon now and her anger isn't directed towards you. It's directed at Alayna,"

Jordan felt horrified every time Scott and Stiles spoke out the words. There was no need for them to explain further because the green-eyed deputy knew what was happening. He did not feel relieved to know that he was not the one Lydia thought was going to die. It was worse because it was Alayna.

Even the Sheriff was aware of what was happening. One of his deputies, Victoria Gertraud, was a water nymph and Alayna Drydon, the she-wolf who was helping them, was in danger.

***

"Here, try this," Jordan handed Scott his bed sheet so that he would be able to get Alayna's scent. The three were supposed to go to Alayna's condo but Jordan's apartment had a fresher scent of Alayna. The deputy noticed that Scott and Stiles were now eyeing him weirdly. "We kissed and cuddled, alright?"

"So...you two are a couple now?" Stiles asked.

"I don't know," Jordan responded. "Also, I won't know unless I find her,"

"The smell's faint," Scott sniffed. "Wait...are those your Converse?" the true alpha pointed at the pair of sneakers on the floor.

"Those are Alayna's," Jordan grabbed the sneakers and gave them to Scott. "If we find her, I'll owe you big time, Scott,"

"Don't worry, Parrish. We'll find her," Scott assured the deputy who could not calm himself. Scott knew that Parrish was stopping himself from pacing back and forth. The true alpha was grateful that Alayna's shoes did not smell or else, the scent would be stuck in his nose for a long time. "I got her scent. Let's go,"

"How did you find her last night?" Stiles pondered as the three walked their way to Parrish's car. Parrish insisted that they used his car because it had a lesser chance of crashing than Stiles's Jeep.

"I became a Hellhound," Jordan said flatly.

"Why can't you do it now?" this time, it was Scott's turn to ask.

"I'm a creature of the night," Jordan briefly explained. "I can't use my powers during the day..." ...but he was dead sure that he could kill Victoria during the night.