Chapter 2 - The Hellhound's Extinguisher

Chapter 2

"H—Hey! Wait up! Can you please repeat what you just said?" Jordan instantly followed Alayna outside of the station. He was eager to know why the girl knew that he was a harbinger of death, a Hellhound. "Who are you?"

Alayna decided to ignore the green-eyed deputy. She knew that Jordan Parrish would not help her light up her cigarette so she grabbed the lighter from her pocket to ignite her stick. He would not summon his power, not here, not where it was not necessary. "You know my name. Alayna Drydon,"

"Y—You know what I mean," Jordan sighed. Alayna was difficult and he was aware of that...but he was curious. He had not met Alayna before and he was sure that the girl was not one of Stiles and Scott's friends. "I know that you called me a Hellhound. What do you know about it?" Jordan was confused as to why Alayna knew. He thought that maybe she was like Lydia Martin, a banshee, but even Lydia did not know what Jordan was when they first saw his name in the dead pool before. Lydia could predict death, not identify what kind of supernatural creature the person was. Yes, there were people who knew what Jordan really was yet he knew who those people were.

'It's either she's human like Stiles or another supernatural creature. I just want to know what kind,' Jordan thought.

The Sheriff's car arrived and came out the Sheriff himself, Noah Stilinski. He looked tired and dumbfounded. "Parrish, I need to talk to you,"

Jordan walked to where the Sheriff stood after he eyed Alayna who was still smoking her cigarette. The Sheriff and his deputy were far enough from Alayna so that she would not be able to hear. Unluckily for them, Alayna was a werewolf.

A minute later, a guy who rode a motorcycle arrived. Alayna never thought that this would be the day that she would see Scott McCall, the person who got her father killed in a rain of bullets. She thought deeply of what she needed to do. She could take down Scott now or kill someone dear to him so that he would suffer more. Alayna thought of how she could get close to Scott so that she would be able to determine who was the closest to him. Befriending Scott would lead her to where Malia, Stiles, and Lydia were. From there, it was easy to pick who to kill. She could have had killed Liam Dunbar, but where was the fun in that? Alayna needed someone closer to Scott.

"What happened?" Alayna heard Jordan ask Scott and the Sheriff. "Did you see the body? Did you think a supernatural creature did it?"

"Bodies," the Sheriff cleared. "Three men with all of their tongues and legs gone,"

"We don't think that a human did it," Scott added. "A human wouldn't be able to pull their tongues out entirely. Also, there weren't any blood in the bodies. There was no scent," It was not like anything Scott had seen before. He had dealt with human sacrifices, the Nogitsune, professional killers, bodies without DNA, the Darach, and even the Anuk-Ite...but he had never seen a body that did not bleed even when it was still fresh. The pulled out tongues and missing legs did not do him good either. Scott knew that those corpses would be a source of nightmares.

"What possibly could have done this?" Jordan looked horrified. He had seen a lot of horrendous corpses and supernatural creatures in Beacon Hills but he never seemed to get used to it. Nobody in the right mind would ever get used to it.

"Water Nymphs," Alayna blew the smoke from her lungs like she was speaking of something natural...but Beacon Hills was far from being natural considering that the Nemeton was located here. Problems in Beacon Hills never did seem to go away.

All the three heads turned to look at her like Alayna grew a second head. Jordan thought that he was right. He knew that Alayna was knowledgeable about the supernatural creatures in Beacon Hills and she knew more than they did.

"Water Nymphs?" Scott repeated. "You mean me—"

"Mermaids," Alayna finished the sentence for him. She intended to be rude. For Alayna, the last thing that Scott deserved was to be respected. Alayna would never give respect to Scott. Being a true alpha never really impressed the girl. Sure, her father wanted Scott to be a member of the Alpha pack before, but Alayna never understood why. The world was a survival of the fittest. It was either you kill...or be killed.

"Who are you?" Scott wondered who she was. He could not feel anything supernatural from her but why was she able to hear them from that distance? He wondered if she was like the now deceased Brett Talbot who had the perfect ability to mask his presence well. Scott knew for himself that he did not know who all of the supernatural creatures in Beacon Hills were...but he knew most of them since Monroe's followers were still in the shadows, hunting them.

"She's the one who beat up two juniors in the high school," Jordan answered.

"Little lady," the Sheriff took a few steps to her direction. "If you know something, can you please tell us everything that you know?"

This was it.

Alayna knew that this was the chance to get close to Scott McCall. She could pretend to help them and kill one of them afterwards. She had the perfect plan in mind that she could not help but smirk. "Sure..." Alayna's smirk grew wider. "...under one condition,"

"What is it?" the Sheriff sighed. He knew that everything came with a price and even a high school student was aware of that. If he was not desperate, he would just throw the girl behind the bars to teach her a lesson. Since Noah heard that she was an eighteen years old senior high school student, she was old enough to be in jail. On the other hand, he needed to protect Beacon Hills...and getting involved with supernatural creatures for the past few years made him more desperate.

"Easy," Alayna threw the cigarette filter on the ground and stepped on it. "If you want my help...then I want to be free from those juniors' charges."