1. The One With The surprise

[Khushi:]
After a long day at work, I sat in my room with all the files wide open on the bed in front of me and my eyes glued to my laptop on my lap. It was 2:30 am, I have to go office at 9:00 am the next day but I was still working on the designs because I had to finish them all before Diwali.
My attention shifted from my laptop screen to my phone when it started ringing. 'Nabi', the screen showed and a smile automatically stretched on my face because I wanted a break and what can be a better break than talking to her or Dee. "Hey, soi kyu nahi abhi tak. It must be 3 there", I said as soon as I picked up the call. "For your information, even you haven't slept so mujhe datne ka koi haq nahi hai tujhe", she replied. "Oh ho, so now I have lost all my rights. Okay", I dramatically said. "Shut up nautanki", she said and both of us giggled. "Achcha kaha hai?", she asked. "Dude it's 2:30am ghar pe hi hoon", I replied and then the door bell rang. "Is time kaun aya? Boyfriend hah?", she teased. "Shut up. Boyfriend ke aane ke liye boyfriend hona bhi chahiye. Zomata wala hoga", I said and got up from the bed to open the door. "Itni raat ko bhi chen se nahi sone degi unhe", she said. "What do you mean by chen se nahi sone degi? Mene use uske ghar jake neend se uthar thodhi kaha mere liya kahana lekar aao. He was doing....", I paused as I got a shock on seeing who actually was standing outside. "What happened? Is everything fine?", Nabiha asked from the other side and I simply ended the call without answering her and opened the door.
"You?", that was all I could speek at that time because I was really shocked and wasn't in a condition of saying anything else. I was damn shocked to see her while Nabiha stood with an ear to ear to smile on her face and a suitcase. "Wait, come here", she said and extended her hands to hug me. We both had a tight hug for almost one minute, it was tight and warm hug, just like the one we always planned to have whenever we'll meet.

"Yaha kese? I mean achanak se? Bataya kyu nahi", I started asking questions as soon as she sat down. "Dude, there's a thing which exists in this world.... What was that called.... Oh yeah! Surprise", she said and I laughed. "And by the way, hamari pilot sahiba kab aa rahi hai wapas?", she asked. "Kal subah", I replied. "Oh haan, I forgot to tell, I'm permanently moving to Delhi now", she added. "What!", I exclaimed and my eyes almost pooped out of their sockets. I was super happy. "But where's everyone else, your mom, dad and your brothers? And permanently moving ke liye sirf suitcase?", I asked. "I said 'I am permanently moving' not we", she replied. "What do you mean?", I asked because she being the person she was, could do anything. "I left my home", she causally said. "What? Are you stupid? What happened?", I almost shouted. "Chill, sab bataungi but pehle I want to go to washroom", she said and stood up. "Straight and then left", I said. If someone else would have told me that he or she has left home and came all the way from Bangladesh to Delhi to live alone with just a suitcase, I would have believed that I was being pranked but Nabiha had said all of this, she had once even thought of attempting a suicide, she has many a times thought of just giving up on everything and I can't believe that she's pranking unless she herself says that.

(Okay I know I'm late by a day but I was stuck up yesterday.
Happy Diwali to all my yaars ♥)