4. The One With the surprise planning

[Nabiha]:

I stood in the balcony and looked at the street beneath from the ninth floor. I didn't want to recall anything which happened with me and my 'family', I wanted to have a new beginning, a better beginning of everything and I was sure nothing could have been better than Dee and Khushi being a part of it and I knew that this one was going to be much more better than the earlier life. I closed my eyes and took deep breaths to freshen up my mind when a hand rested on my shoulder. I looked in the direction to find it to be Dee's. She passed a sympathetic smile. "To be honest, now I hate that kind of smiles. I have been receiving them from all the people who knew about my life and I am done with them now", I said in disgust. "That's not a sympathetic smile Nabiha. I'm am shocked because you have always been the one who easily gave up on everything and would easily think suicide as the only option left, and that same you took this big decision of leaving everything that caused you trouble. Leaving your family back isn't easy at all but you did it girl, and I'm so proud of you because this time you thought something else to be solution and not suicide", she said and I could make out that she was genuinely happy for me which brought a smile on my face. "Mai itni asani se sudharne waali nahi. Iss baar bhi I had a thought of suiciding and I would have definitely committed it agar tum log meri life mai nahi hote", I admitted. "Usne mujhe bachaya jab I thought of ending my life for the first time. Usne mujhe tujhse aur Khushi se milaya aur tum dono ne mujhe hamesha samjhaya. You guys were always there for me. Tum dono ne mujhe hamesha kuch galat karne se roka aur agar mai ab kuch esa karti toh I'm sure sabse zyada tum dono ko bura lagta. Isliye mene socha ki ab in dono ki wajah se I'm leaving all this behind and starting a new life toh kyu na in hi dono ko pareshaan karoon toh aa gayi mai ab jhelo mujhe", I said and both of us had tears in our eyes in the starting but a smile on our faces in the end. "Shut up, hah. Suna mene, it was in that audio that you wanted to look for a house in Delhi", she flatly said. "Are woh toh mene is liye bol diya tha kyunki mai sure nahi thi ki mere tum dono ke saath rehnese se tum dono ko koi problem toh nahi hai aur aise achcha thodhi lagta ki mai tum logo ko samne se aakar kehti ki tum dono ke saath rahungi", I defended myself and as soon as I finished, I felt to hits on my head they were obviously my bitches'. "Matlab kuch bhi bolegi. Itni bhi achchi nahi hai tu", Khushi said and stood on my other side. "Achcha so what are your plans? Kya socha hai?", Dee asked. I took a deep breath because to be very honest, I didn't have any 'plans', I just ran away from my home with my clothes, some money, my diary and my laptop and with no actual plans. "Abhi toh I'll complete my book and will then convince publishers an...", I said when Khushi cut me off. "Seedhe bol that you don't have any plans", she said. I pressed my lipd together, nodded my head and confessed, "I don't have any plans". "Koi baat nahi, we'll make to out together. 'Welcome to the real world. It sucks, but you'll love it' (-F.R.I.E.N.D.S)", Dee said.

"Bye guys, thodhi der mai milte hai", Khushi said and rushed out from her room towards the main door. "Kaha ja rahi hai?", Dee asked. "Office. Kaam hai thodha sa", Khushi replied. "Don't you have off on Saturday?", I said. "I do have but it's important", she replied. "Dude, aaj bhi kaam itne din baad aai hoon mai mene socha tha masti karenge ham", Dee complained and I faked a cough. "What do you mean by 'itne dino baad aai hoon mai'? Mai pehli baar mil rahi hoon tum logo se aur tu hamare saath bethne ki jagah kaam pe ja rahi hai", I said. "Guys, stop this nautanki. Mujhe bhi nahi jana but it's important. It's my first individual project and it's going to be biggest in my life", Khushi said and she had a huge smile on her face on thinking about her project. "Achcha, aisa kya project hai?", I asked. "Woh mai abhi nahi bata sakti because sirf mai baat batake tum dono ko samajh nahi ayega aur poori baat batane ka time nahi hai. Wapas aake pakka sab bata dungi. I'm getting late. Bye. Bye", she said and rushed towards the door without letting us say anything. "All the best", Dee and I shouted together. "Thanks", we heard her faith voice from the other side of the door and continued watching TV with a large bowl full of popcorn.