Chapter 8

Shifting over here so school is canceled because the storm jaked up my home place so guess whos staying up typing way to much fanfiction??? thats right. ill be posting on my Drarry book too so go check that out too and hope you like! <3

WILLS POV

I led Nico down to the stands and got him situated. Grabbing his hand to bring him down was a humongous stretch and I was seriously surprised he didn't pull away. I tried to suppress the hugest blush of my life and smiled widely in my head as he sat down.

"I have to go back stage and set up. Don't-''I turned around and put my head over my shoulder comically, making Nico unwillingly smile. Gods the dumb shit i would do just to see the smallest grin on his face. "Go anywhere. Deal"

Nico chuckled a bit and gave me a thumbs up.

BBackstage i got a few smiles and a pat on the back. A lot more people than usual were here to do something. I saw people stringing instruments or getting special shoes on and even a few hephaestus kids putting the final touches on some big motor looking thing. I smiled and grabbed my computer...what...expecting a guitar or something? I hate to break it to people, but im a bit of a computer geek. A lot of music I do is on a computer, although i do co op sometimes with other people.

"Will!" I turned around and saw Katie running up to me. Smiling wide, i laughed and hugged her. She pulled her guitar over her shoulder and strummed it. "Ready?" I smiled. A bit nervous. I was used to being on stage, I loved doing things like this. But what I was doing was specifically for Nico. and it scared me to death it wouldn't work. Katie looked at me and put a hand on my shoulder.

"Hey...it'll work...Nico will love what you're doing..." I shrugged abit and smiled. Nodding.

--------------

NICO'S POV

A few minutes after Will left for backstage i felt someone sit next to me.

"Hey, Will finally let you out of solitary confinement huh?" Jason smiled down at me. And i heard Piper from my other side.

"Been a while"

I smiled and laughed a bit as Piper put breef arm around my shoulder, giving a side hug that for now I was oddly okay with.

"yeah...Will said he wanted me to see something he was doing"

"Ooooooooo" They both sang. I rolled my eyes. But oddly couldn't find any retort.

We talked for a few minutes, mostly about random bits and blurbs. Until the lights around the stage turned on and Will and some girl stepped onstage. Katie i think her name was. Yeah.

I saw Will pull out a laptop and type a few quick things while Katie slung a guitar around her neck and took a testing strum...then the music started.

I've been locked in the locker

I was picked last in soccer

And they say that it's all fun

But their fun, it ain't fun, man, I'm done

And I know we're all different

Our beliefs and religions

But I don't see the difference

In me, you

Your, tu

Or moi, vous

So if you've had enough, then

His voice was soft but strong. I literally think i leaned forward a bit. And didn't even try to disguise the surprise and delight in my eyes. I think Jason smiled at me from the corners of his eyes. Piper might have glanced between me and Will and stifled a laugh. All i know for sure is that Will caught my eye before singing the main verse. And my whole being felt the electrocution, the small smarks i felt when he grabbed my arm or touched my hair. Shot through my entire body, and I smiled wider than I had in literal years. Since Italy. I loved it so much I was surprised my body didn't literally sizzle up from overload.

Come to the land of the lost and lonely

Don't be afraid, we'll be one big family

Of freaks like you and me

I know a place where the bruised and broken

Live like the kings and the queens of tragedy

Just freaks like you and me

We are the freaks

Will kept the crowd going, going back and forth across the stage singing his heart out. It was absolutely mesmerizing to see his smile and voice sweep across the crowd and get them on their feet, swaying their arms and laughing. Will was smiling wide too, and I saw Katie in the background, walking along the stage and singing backup. I was in a daze the whole time, seeing Will purposefully keep my gaze for full seconds during certain verses.

I've been kicked down in the dirt

I pretend that it doesn't hurt

And I know that they're just words

But sticks, stones, they break bones

But just know

We could all be disciples

And we'll write our own Bible

We'll put freaks in the title

It's me, you

Your, tu

And moi, vous

So if you've had enough, then

Come to the land of the lost and lonely

Don't be afraid, we'll be one big family

Of freaks like you and me

I know a place where the bruised and broken

Live like the kings and the queens of tragedy

Just freaks like you and me

We are the freaks

I stood up too. Will caught my gaze yet again and winked before singing the main verse again. The whole camp was swaying and laughing and smiling, all because of Will Solace's captivating singing. By the third time singing the main verse the whole camp was singing along with Katies back up vocals, but i was still staring, mesmerized. At Wills glances at me, the complete understanding behind it.

Come to the land of the lost and lonely

Don't be afraid, we'll be one big family

Of freaks like you and me

I know a place where the bruised and broken

Live like the kings and the queens of tragedy

Just freaks like you and me

Come home

Where you can be you, I can be me

We'll never leave, 'cause we are the freaks

Come home

Where you can be you, I can be me

We'll never leave, 'cause we are the freaks

We are the freaks

I was in a daze. The whole camp was clapping and cheering. Will laughed and smiled and nodded and Katie was clapping him on the back and nodded to him after a quick hug before some of her friends called her and she jumped off the stage to a bunch of smiling and cheering girls. Will laughed again and jumped off the stage too, giving high fives and receiving and giving a few more claps on the back as he made his way back stage again. Oh...one last thing...

Wills eyes never left mine, every smile he gave was directed to me and every laugh washed over me. And i never smiled wider in my entire life. A real smile...

God i loved him.

I love Will Solace.