chapter fifty-seven.

Liv's POV

it's been at least 2 months and so far, Mia and Ava havent left my life and Mia is making it a living hell. Ashton postponed our wedding to 6 months from now because he "doesnt have time" to plan with me. i have a hint of why he's been like this-distant and selfish... it's all because of Mia. She's been taking him out to parties and "hang outs" when i know they probably have sex with each other and they think they got me tricked when i know that's probably what they do.

i was at home doing nothing just waiting till Ashton comes home. This gave me a lot of time to think about everything. It definately gave me time to think about whether or not Ashton and I will last.

"Liv? Im home." Ashton yelled while slamming the door shut.

"ya, i know." i whispered. i was fiddling with my figers when he walked in.

"what was that love?" Ashton asked before plopping on the couch beside me.

"nothing, nothing. so how was your day?" i asked emphasizing the word 'your'.

"it was great thanks for asking. what about you?" he asked with a smile.

"eh. it could've been better." i replied before looking down at my fingers again.

"aww. do i need to beat someone up?"

"well, you cant beat yourself up so my answer is no." i chuckled.

"me? what did i do?"

"nothing. you just left me to hang out with myself this whole day, that's all." i whispered.

"Liv i had to go out." he said with a stern voice.

"ya ok. i believe you." i sighed before getting up to go to the bedroom.

"Liv this isnt my fault." he spoke.

"ya, i know."

-

After i went upstairs, Ashton stayed downstairs. when i checked on him a few minutes ago, he wasnt there.

I sighed and grabbed my car keys. i decided to go for a drive.

-

i've been driving for 1 hour and i decided to stop. I already knew where i was since Josh lives in this area. i deicided to just stop at the curb and think.

will Ashton and i last? How much longer can we last? will we break? what's going on?

i didnt notice till i snapped out of my thoughts, but i was crying. I never knew i had this much bottled up inside me that when i finally reached the breaking point for all of this, it would just come out and not stop until it's reached it very end. I'm growing sick and tired of spending my days alone. I feel like i need to talk with Ashton.

-

i reached home and Ashton was sitting on the couch.

"Liv, where did you go?" he asked without taking his focus off the TV.

i sighed but replied. "i went out for a drive to clear my head. i have to ask you something Ashton." i said. i closed my eyes to think for a quick second if i should just continue as planned, or just wing a stupid question and avoid the topic. i chose to continue.

"ok, shoot Olive." he sai with a smile.

"first off, you cant call me that. only Calum can."

"fine. go on Liv."

"Ashton... are we gunna make it through 6 months? are we gunna be able to love each other while we wait for the final wedding date to pop up? do you think we'll make it together? i kind of feel like we cant do it. I love you so much Ash, but you've changed. you've grown so distant towards me and i feel so alone. you leave me speechless and not in a good way." i said. i sighed in relief because i finally got to get all that out.

"how can you say that Liv? we've been through so much together already that i believe we can do it. What makes you doubt usLiv?" he replied.

"i told you. you've been so distant and i've spent day after day with just me, myself, and I, and i've grown sick and tired of trying to save myself." i said with gritted teeth. By now, my eyes were filled wih tears. I dont know what to do anymore.

"Liv.... please dont say that. I love you the same as i did 6 months ago. im sorry that ive grown so distant. its just tha ive been hanging out with Mia and them and... is it bad to say that they make me really happy?" he asked while rubbing the back of his neck.

i gasped. "oh. so Mia and Ava make you happy. ok then." i whispered before looking at my hands.

"but i still love you, the same. i dont want anything to change." he said before pulling my chin up. i immediately shook his hand away and he frowned.

"Ashton, i love you too, but i dont think we're the same anymore. i think, we need to break everything off."

"no, no, no. Liv, we cant. no, please. im begging you. dont do this to me." he cried. his eyes were getting watery. i hated seeing him like this, but it had to be done.

"im sorry Ash. if we were meant to be, we'll find a way back to each other. it's just a break. in, lets say, 8 months, if we dont feel the same about each other, we'll give up. If we do, we'll get back together. its not that hard Ash." i chuckled.

"but it is. Liv... im scared." he whispered.

"dont be. im gunna stay with Carsin and Matthew for 8 months ok? you can have the house. dont worry about me. its just 8 months Ashton."

"are you sure this is a good idea?" he asked with furrowed eyebrows.

"i think this is good for the both of us. we can get fresh starts you know? i think we need it." i said before offering a small smile.

"ok. im not giving up on us Olivia. i love you." he said before pulling me in for one last kiss.

the kiss was different from the others.... this time, it was different in a bad way. no sparks, no butterflies, no fireworks, and no passion. this made me cry more because i can now tell that this relationship now means nothing. im giving him 8 months and i guarantee he'll be with Mia.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

shit chapter, i know. i wanted to twist the story a little. im planning the ending and its coming soon.

im thinking probably 5-10 chapters left. lol i know that's still alot, but i have alot of ideas for thiese last parts. Also SORRY FOR MISSPELLS! lol.

i've already planned 3 chapters for another book which is coming soon :)