Chapter 10

Hi! Okay, to recap since I haven't written since a decade ago, Riley told her life story to Eli and vice versa. Then Riley runs to her room, cries it out, Trixie comes, discusses with her, and yeah. Whew.
--------------------------------------------
After that little discussion, Riley had cleaned up and the two girls walked downstairs. They breathed in the aroma of Pronto's cooking and decided to breath it out instead. Riley noticed Eli pacing in a corner of the room.

"Trixie, I need to talk to Eli." She nodded and walked off in the opposite direction of Riley. Eli kept pacing, back and forth, the towel still tied tight around his waist. Riley gulped and tried not to look at Eli's... exposed area. Slow and steady Riley, she repeated like a mantra in her. Few more steps.

"Um, Eli? Can we talk?" Eli's head shot up and his face showed... an unreadable emotion. A mix, really thought. Sadness, anger... and something else she couldn't quite put her finger on. He nodded.

"I know a good place." Eli led Riley out to the grassy area outside of the hideout a few hundred metres away.

"Why are we here?" Riley asked as Eli lay down on the grass. Riley joined him and he simply shrugged.

"It's peaceful and quiet." They both lay on the grass, staring up at the cavern ceiling.

Riley looked around and took notice of the glowing mushrooms and the vibrant colours. It illuminated the cavern well. It felt... peaceful and calming. She turned her head to her left and Eli turned his head to his right.
Their eyes met for a split second before Riley distracted herself with Eli's teeth or something. She could feel heat rise to her cheeks.

"Riley, I'm sorry." Riley tried to focus on his eyes, but his bright blue eyes made Riley feel... all the more awkward.

"For what," she asked shyly. Eli scratched his head. Riley was sure her cheeks were rosy pink by now.

"Well, uh, you know. Putting you under all that pressure to tell me about your family and your past." Riley smiled and looked to the ceiling of the cavern.

"No, no you don't have to apologize." Eli sat up and Riley did as well.

"What? Why?" Riley smiled again and shrugged.

"Because, it felt good to have that burden lifted off my shoulders. And, it helped to talk to people about it. Especially with someone who had the same experience. Or somewhat the same." With sincere eyes, Riley looked into Eli's bright electric blue ones and they had this spark. Just a tiny one. But that tiny spark motivated them to somehow lean closer and closer towards each other.

Their hot breaths mingled and Riley felt her heart skip three beats. His breath was warm and smelled minty. Riley's on the other hand smelled fresh like peppermint. They simultaneously closed their eyes and leaned in closer. One more slight movement, Riley thought. The pair's lips were barely a millimetre apart. So close, Eli thought. Riley's lips just touched Eli's. Just gracing it. There was an electric spark that set Riley's brain into a hazy state.

"Aaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!" The two stumbled back and stood up, alarmed and slightly angry at whoever was screaming.

"That sounded like..."

"Pronto," they said in unison. They ran back to the hideout, Eli's feet hurting every single step.

"Ow. Ow. Oww!" Riley turned back to see Eli hobbling about... in bare feet.

"Are you serious?! Who doesn't wear shoes outside?!"

"Um, ow, apparently me!"

"And you're half naked too."