Outside

I head out my front door, instead. I lay down, looking around. Some mistake me for a robot, some seem confused. I continue to look around. A couple of people pass by me. Not a single child, this time of day. The sun is setting, all the children have gone inside. I continue to wait, throughout the night. A person attempts to spray some spray paint on me, but a swift punch to the can stops that. I continue to wait, lightly shedding confetti, which is an odd concept to think about. Shedding confetti? Odd feeling and concept. What I'm doing, not even I know. Just... waiting? Waiting, for something. I don't know what, just... waiting. It doesn't come. In the morning, the sun rises again. It is quite a beautiful sunrise. I watch it, then get up. I wander around the neighborhood, as no one has come out other than the children. I wander around, looking for something to do. I cannot do much, now that I am in a different body. I eventually wander back home, and head to the backyard again. Just standing, waiting. For what? Something to do. I do not feel tired. Nor hungry, nor thirsty. No need makes itself present, except for the odd feeling. The feeling of need, of want. Of companionship. It is an odd feeling, to say the least. I wait, for something to come. Someone to approach me. Something. Noises, loud ones, go off in the background. I still wait. Waiting. A plane passes overhead. I notice, but cannot look, as I cannot move my head, outside of rotating it. A small crow lands on me, and I move slightly to get it off. It flies off, and perches on a nearby tree. There is nothing, for now. I grow increasingly certain a child won't simply wander into my backyard once again, so I have to get into another yard, undetected. If I do so, I do not know what will happen. Most likely a repeat of the young child. Hopefully, it is, as I need... someone. Someone to do something with. Someone to cure the boredom. I head out of my yard, climbing a fence into another. I accomplish this through jumping on the fence, and pulling myself over. It is remarkably easy, outside of pushing myself onto the other side. I am now in my neighbors yard. An awkward position for a piñata. The child is there. A large child, twice my height, at around 6 feet  tall. They appear to be around 11, with a small mustache. My limbs, once again, move of their own accord. Once again, I spit out the blank candy. Once again, they take it, and eat it. Confused. Now, they begin to turn. I quickly haul their body into the opposing yard, my yard, in order to turn. I lay them on the wall, as they begin to bend, and their confetti appears green. I wonder what it shall be like. They slowly form, their legs shortening, and their feet turning into stumps. Their eyes turn into large, black circles. Their nose extends into a large snout. They appear to be a horse-like creature, without wings or a saddle. They attempt to move their limbs, once again crying out. "What did you do? What is going on! What the-" "You're a piñata. Now, let me explain." "Turn me back, right-" He paused. Unable to say a word. "Turn be back, right now!" He concluded, with him having skipped a word. "I can't." "What do you mean, you can't?" "I mean I have no idea how. My limbs occasionally move of their own accord, occasionally giving out candy to children." "What the-" He once again paused, unable to say a word. He just couldn't form it. "What the heck?!" He exclaimed. "You'll get used to it." "No I won't!" "You will. Trust me." "What am I?" "You appear to be like a horse in shape, with large, black eyes. Don't worry, you can see." "What do you mean-" He looked down at his feet, and looked around, noticing they could only rotate. "What did you do to my limbs!" "They only have one joint." He kind of had a panic to his voice, like an aggression. A method which isn't easy to describe. A slight grate to his voice, evidence of the preparation for puberty. His nose was long, with a light grey end. He had green and black confetti on his skin. "You're going to be staying with me for a while, so you know." I informed him, as I needed a companion. "What- No I'm not! You're a freaky horse demon and... so am I." The realization dawned on him. "I'm not going to be able to talk with my family again, am I?" "No, not for a while. Do you have any siblings?" "No, I don't. I'm an only child." "What's your name?" "Jim, yours?" "Daniel." "Well, Daniel. I don't know what to do, and you seem to be the superior horse demon, so I'll stay with you for a while."