13. 'They are probably having sex to be honest."

"Oh gosh, I was not planning on getting this many things. You guys are a bad influence on me" Mom groaned as she was coming in the house with some of the groceries while us girls followed behind her with more bags. As we were going back to the car to grab the second load of groceries dad was pulling into the driveway finally home from work.

"There's my favorite girls" He said as he was grabbing his bag from the back seat of the car. He walked over to all of us, giving us a kiss on the forehead before going to mom and kissing her like he hadn't seen her in days. "What did I probably don't want to know" He walked into the house making the dogs go crazy

"I think if he knew how much you spent today he would want to know" Jen poked mom in the ribs making her squirm.

"I think you are forgetting that we sit down every month and go over everything that comes in and goes out of the accounts" Mom rolled her eyes and reached over to grab more bags. All of us following suit, tripping over each other and laughing. I looked up once I had taken off my shoes to see dad standing there just smiling and shaking his head at all of us.

"You know I really miss when you girls were younger and would do things like this"

"Really because I remember you always complaining that we were too loud after you got us all riled up" I smirked at him 

"I have no idea what you are talking about" He widens his eyes trying to make himself look innocent. When he realized it wasn't really working for him he pulled me into him and gave me a huge bear hug. "I am really glad that even as you girls get older we have still managed to be close. I know I have worked a lot but if there is ever anything wrong Lacey you know you can always come to me or your mom right?"

"I know dad. Is everything okay? You are acting kind of weird."

"No everything is fine. I just worry about you while you are away."

"Dad I promise you, if something happens you will be the first person I call." And I meant it. I had always been close with my whole family. I was raised knowing that no matter what they would always be there for me. They let me make mistakes so I could learn from them. I was raised with a fair amount of freedom but knew that if I pushed my boundaries that freedom could be gone in the blink of an eye.

"Okay peanut. What does everyone want for dinner?"

"You know what I really miss? Your chicken Parmesan, I have tried it at every restaurant around my dorm and none of them hold a torch to yours dad." I gave him my best smile and continued "we just so happened to buy chicken today" 

"Chicken parm it is. Can I just say how very happy I am that no one in this house has ever decided to be a vegetarian, or vegan, or anything."

"Actually dad I was thinking of going vegetarian, Is that okay?" 

"Lainy, you make your own decisions and your mother and I will support you 110%" he paused and raised his eyebrows at us "unless it is drugs.... or murder. I will not support drugs or murder. Is that clear?"

"Yes sir" the three of us said in unison, laughing while we put the groceries away. My phone was sitting on the counter by the sink when it started ringing and my dad reached over to accept the video call.

"Hello?" Zack sounds very confused and I just laughed knowing my dad's face was taking up the whole screen.

"Hello there. Who are you?"