24 "What is his name?"

HEADS UP: I work a double shift tomorrow so there will be no update. 

_____

"Lacey can you please hurry so we can get the turnip on please."

"I am going as fast as I can. With these two huge rutabagas it is taking a little longer than I thought."

"Okay. Lainey how are the carrots? Jen how many seats are at the table?"

Lainey moved the pot full of carrots to the sink to fill it with water befaore putting it on the stove and turning the burner on. The front door opened and the dogs went crazy- Like usual.

"Hey where is everyone?" Chad's voice flowed through the house.

"Kitchen!" Chad walked in wearing a pair of nice dark wash jeans, a white and blue gingham shirt with his hair spiked. He rounded the corned coming into the kitchen with one hand behind him.

Grasping his hand was a young woman maybe twenty wearing a plain black shirt with a dark grey cardigan and light wash ripped jeans. She had a little boy in her arms with a black bag hanging off of one shoulder. 

"Everyone this is Kelsey. Kelsey this is my mom Jennifer, my sisters Lacey and Lainy, and I'm assuming Jen is in the Dining room.

"Hi sweetie, welcome!" Kelsey held chads hand tighter and seemed to try and move behind him. Her son however clapped and leaned forward trying to look over Chad.

"Thank you." The baby started leaning toward my mom trying to grab her making Kelsey move quickly so he didn't fall."

"Do you mind?" My mom nodded toward the baby. Kelsey looked over at Chad who nodded and smiled at her. She moved from behind Chad and let the little boy go to her. He immediately grabbed at my moms necklace and pulled hard and Kelsey quickly moved to reach for him again. 

"I am so sorry Jennifer. Please don't be mad at him, he didn't know what he was doing please don't be mad at him."

"Kelsey, it is okay. Jen and Lainy did the same thing when they were babies. No one is going to be mad at the baby." Kelsey took a deep breath and closed her eyes obviously trying to calm herself down.

Chad looked like he had been punched in the gut watching Kelsey try and calm herself down. He rubbed a hand up and down her back and tried his best to make funny faces at the baby making him laugh. Hearing her babies laugh Kelsey opened her eyes and smiled.

"What is his name?" Lainy stepped forward making faces at the baby.

"Laim."

"He is very cute. Yes you are, you are absolutely adorable." I leaned down to his level- Which wasn't hard because Kelsey stood at about 5'8 and I only stood 5'3- and started talking to him in a baby voice.

"Thanks. Liam looked over at Chad and reached over for him. Immediately Chad grabbed the baby and tickled him making Liam full on belly laugh. Kelsey's face glowed as she watched her little boy, the love for him clear as day.

"Hey mom, Kels is really good in the kitchen do you guys need help with anything?"

"Not at this moment, however we would love if you wanted to stay and chat with us." Kelsey's body stiffened as she grabbed on to Chad's elbow until her knuckles turned white, Chad just smiled encouragingly. Chad leaned down and whispered into her ear, when he stood up he kissed mom and our cheeks holding me close for longer than the other girls an leaned down to whisper in my ear.

"I need you to make sure nothing about her past or family is brought up." I nod as he backed up. "I am going to run to the bathroom then say hi to dad." As he headed out of the room he ruffled Liam's fine blonde hair that matched his mothers, and smiled softy at Kelsey.  As he walked down the hallway Kelsey's eyes followed his every moment until she couldn't see him any more.