17 "Scream like a little girl."

"I don't understand why you can't just tell me what is going on Chad."

"I promised mom I would give her two weeks and that is what I plan on doing. Have you spoken to her at all since Sunday?"

"I think for a total of five minute, but between school and my first shift at the diner and everything I barely have time to talk to my friends never mind plan the date-"

"Pardon me." I could just imagine his face, Eyebrow raised in question lips purse arms flexed even though I don't think he realizes he does it. "Did you say plan a date?"

"No I don't think so, I am on my break at the diner right now maybe you heard-" And once again he cut me off make me purse MY lips.

"No you said date, do I need to come down there and set things straight?"

"No you will stay in Brampton. I swear though cut me off again and I will drive down there and show your new police buddies pictures of your high school days."

"Okay I apologize for that, really. No need to pull out the big guns. But we are way off topic, how are you doing with the whole secret thing?"

"I don't understand it. We have always told each other everything and now this? I mean come on. I am stressed beyond belief and this is not helping."

"I really am sorry Lacey, I wish I could tell you but I keep to my word and you know it."

"Is everyone okay? Mom or dad aren't sick or anything right?"

"No, it has nothing to do with anyone's health I promise." I took a deep breath and looked at the clock realized I only had five more minutes of my break left.

"Okay well I have to go. Duty calls, I love you."

"Love you two Lacey-loo. I will call you on Sunday to check in okay?"

"Okay, talk to you then, love you." I put my phone away and put it in my purse in the back room. I walked over to the counter to take orders like I have been doing all day.

"Welcome, what can I get for you today?" Before I looked up and realized who was sitting there.

"I would like it if I could have a second with you to see when I can take you on a proper date, just so I can have more time with you though I will take a coffee."

"I was just talking to Chad, I was telling him how I was stressed because I barely have enough time to breath. Between studying and classes and now work, my life is a mess." I pull at the end of my pony tail before I grab a mug and fill it with coffee and handing him a handful of sugar and cream.

"Lacey I don't mean to push or anything, I get that you don't have time. Maybe I will just have to make it on Christmas break or something." My eyes widened.

"But that is nearly two months away you can't do that!" Zack took a sip of his coffee and smiled at me.

"I'm glad your that eager for the date, I just don't want to be any added stress to your life."

"Your not stress. I am looking forward to this date as a wind down, relaxing getting to know each other. The work load is getting crazier the closer we get to mid terms and when I am free your working, at practice or something always seems to come up."

"I'm really sorry Lacey. Everything seemed so much easier the first couple of weeks, we seen each other a couple days a week and had lots of time together. I mean mid terms are two days before Thanksgiving break and I feel like my head is going to explode if I take in any more information." I closed my eyes and took a deep breath looking around the diner. It was 11 and it was pretty dead, there was one couple at a table but my co-worker was dealing with them.