25 "I THOUGHT THEY WERE JUST TRYING TO SCARE US"

"I don't want to get too into it or anything because it is still a touchy subject but after I got pregnant Joey started with being verbally abusive and it moved to become physical. I only ended up getting out of the relationship because the neighbour heard one night and called the cops when he came home drunk one night and everything was suddenly my fault." Her head was down as she was feeding Liam some mashed potatoes and dome of the soft veggies. Everyone at the table looked at each other unsure of what to do next until my dad broke the silence.

"Well I for one am glad you are here. And Kelsey?"

"Yes sir?"

"You are always welcome here."

"Thank you." Liam suddenly let out a screech catching everyone's attention, laughing at the big smile on his face as he looked at his mother. 

With that everyone went back to eating and laughing.

-------

After diner was cleaned up and everyone had left Jen went to her room claiming she was now going into a food coma, Lainy also went to her room to finish the book she was reading and Chad and Kelsey took Liam down stairs to play with some of the baby toys they brought. I sat in the kitchen on the bar stool listening to mom and dad bicker while they shuffled around the kitchen trying to clean the kitchen a little more. I opened the group chat I had put on mute today after sending the picture of Liam and I.

Emma: That baby is so cute!!!! Babe look at that baby!!

Damien: I see the baby. Why is it when women see babies it is automatic baby fever?

Aubrey: Because we forget about the crying and lack of sleep. And to be fair it ONLY happens with cute babies. 

Cameron: Name one baby that you have seen that wasn't cute. And Be carful Zack Lacey looks like she is already in love. 

Zack: That's nice. I don't want babies for a llllooooonnnnngggg time.

Elliot: Yeah ladies, no love without a glove.

Hailey: El, you do know no form of birth control is 100% affective right??

Elliot: Can you repeat that please. I think I read that wrong.

Lacey: We sat in the same health class, you knew this.

Elliot: I THOUGHT THEY WERE JUST TRYING TO SCARE US INTO NOT HAVING SEX.

Emma: Oh boy.

Cameron: so whose baby is it?? Or did you just steal one??

Lacey: I just stole the baby, his parents weren't paying attention so I figured why not.

Damien: Someone please say she is joking, it is hard to tell when you can't see her face.

Zack: She is joking.... Right babe??

Lacey: OMG yes I am joking. It's Chad's friends kid.

Hailey: Male or female friend?? Cuz if it is female at Thanksgiving dinner that is more than a friend.

Lacey: It's more complex than I want to admit. It's not my story to tell.

Elliot: Your brother used to get so squeamish with babies it is hard to imagine him around one willingly.

Lacey: To my surprise he is actually amazing with him and he keeps asking to hold him again.

Emma: You don't think your brother is good with children??

Aubrey: Emma... That sounded a little rude.

Emma: Didn't mean to. Was he never going to have kids?