Chapter 8

Where am I? Honeyfrost questioned she was in a completely new place, it wasn't SunClan territory new or old. The stars shimmered brightly overhead, the scent of the forest filled her nose but it was so unfamiliar. She began slowly wandering through the strange forest, trying to figure out where she was and why she was there.

She was surrounded by oak trees, which was very similar to her own home but nothing was familiar. Then, a chilling noise made Honeyfrost's paws freeze to the ground. She looked up at the towering oak tree ahead of her. On the highest branch something shimmered in the moonlight.

A pure white owl rested on the branch, its pitch black eyes focused intently on Honeyfrost. For a moment she felt nervous, but the sight of the owl relaxed her. It let out another eerie call, fluffing its glowing feathers. This has to be the owl that guided us to the mountains. She thought. Why is it here again?

"What do you have to show me?" Honeyfrost called to the owl. "Do I need to be scared?"

The owl let out another low hoot and raised from the branch, flapping its glowing wings towards the moon. A single feather fluttered down to the ground, Honeyfrost approached the feather and gave it a sniff. It smelled like SunClan. What does this mean? Honeyfrost wondered, looking in the direction of where the owl had flown. Is this a sign?

As the thought crossed her mind, Honeyfrost woke up. She was back in the medicine cat den, but the call of the owl still rang deep inside her mind. I've never had a dream like that before? She looked to Pebblestep who was still sleeping. Should I tell her about it? Honeyfrost wasn't sure if she should, but if it was that same owl surely she should?

It was just past dawn but Honeyfrost figured she should probably get her paws busy before Pebblestep woke up. She took note of what their herb supply was. We could use more cobwebs. She noted and then set out into the camp, breathing in the sweet morning air. She did her usual rounds of camp, checking in on the elders and the nursery.

Fawnheart recovered well from her kitting and Heatherflight was getting physically better. She was still torn over the loss of her kits, but Honeyfrost was doing everything she could to help the queen recover.

As Honeyfrost finished up in the nursery she spotted Dawnstar approaching her with soft green eyes. "Good morning, Honeyfrost." She purred. "Always an early riser, just like me."

Honeyfrost purred happily in return. "Yeah, it's best to start earlier." She looked away. "And I had this dream last night. I'm not sure how to feel about it."

"Tell me about it." Dawnstar expressed concern. Being both her mother and her leader, Honeyfrost knew that she could confide in her dreams to Dawnstar.

"Well," Honeyfrost began and explained to her mother about the owl, the strange forest and the feather.

"Sounds about as confusing as most StarClan dreams." Dawnstar began once Honeyfrost explained. "The owl was a sign of guidance for the four Clans when it first appeared, it could very well be that again. Though you may not be able to figure it out now or even any time soon but when the time is right, your dream will make sense." For a moment, Honeyfrost thought about what Honeywing told her before Echoheart's attack.

The choices of the brave, and the mistakes of the frightened will shape the forest with unsteady paws and claws that rain blood. She had gone over those words over and over again and they still made no sense to her, she honestly felt like they never would. She hadn't talked to anyone about that prophecy, she just didn't know how. Falconheart is a part of it too, he should know. Honeyfrost just didn't quite know what to do.