Introduction

Ben goes on business trips from time to time, it comes with being the King and possibly the most important person in Auradon. Mal's always been okay with this. She knows he will always come back. What happens if there is an accident and Ben doesn't return? How will Mal cope? How will Auradon cope? Is this part of a bigger scheme or is it just all a coincidence? See how Mal's life can really go from living in paradise to a complete and utter disaster...

Takes place a year after the events of Descendants 3. Ben and Mal have been engaged for a year and are soon expecting to get married.

Main Characters

Main Characters

Mal
Ben
Evie
Jay
Carlos
Maleficent
Chad

Side characters
Jonathan (Alex)
Mad Maddie
Queen Leah

Other
Lonnie (present in one chapter)
Audrey (present in a flashback)
Jane (mentioned)
Fairy Godmother (mentioned)
Belle (mentioned)
Beast (mentioned)
Hades (present in one chapter)
Frederick ( present at the beginning)

* Mentioned characters don't have a line, they are either mentioned by a character or mentioned as part of the chapter but they have no real importance to the scene.

** Audrey doesn't appear in this book but a line by her is said in a flashback and she is also mentioned throughout the book.

*** Some characters appear at the beginning and have an important role in that chapter but they will no longer appear as the story progresses.