Chapter 3

Mal was pacing around her room. Any one in the castle believed she would put a hole in the floor. Belle and Beast had got a hold of the news about their dear son. They were worried sick. Mal had called her friends. All the couple's made it their duty to return to Auardon as fast as possible. Evie had been on the phone to Mal and was reassuring her that everything would be alright. Mal couldn't comprehend the fact that her fiancé could be dead. This wasn't meant to happen. They had been through so much, together. This was finally meant to be their happily ever after. Why Ben ? What has he done to deserve this ? Nothing, Mal knew this. She believed she deserved to be in that position, not Ben. She had saved him many times before yet the one time she didn't may mean she'll never see him again.

As they were unsure whether Ben was dead or alive , they were forced to have a search party. Mal waited until her friends arrived back until she could start searching. She wanted to go now but Ben's parents ordered her to stay until company arrived as they didn't want to risk anything happening to Mal also. They may have lost their son. Mal was like the daughter they never had. They didn't want to lose her too.

The minute Mal's friends arrived, they left and began their search. Mal refused to believe her boyfriend could be dead. He promised her he'd come back. He always did. Why was this time any different? Ben never broke his promises. Evie felt bad for Mal she really did. She didn't know what she'd do if Ben had really died. Evie had been constantly telling Mal that Ben was alright and she feared that could end up hurting her more if this happened to be true. Evie could never imagine how Mal could possibly be feeling. Mal didn't deserve it. Ben didn't either. They were good people. Why does bad things always happen to good people? If this happened to Doug, Evie wouldn't know what to do with herself. Mal was acting strong but Evie knew she was broken inside. She was in a state of denial. She refused to believe any of this was true. Unfortunately, Mal's friends had a gut feeling this was indeed true but they couldn't bring themselves to talk to her about it.

A whole day had gone and there was no sign of Ben or even the limousine he had been in. Mal refused to give up.

" M, it's pitch black theres no point in looking, we won't find anything " Evie said

" No, I won't stop looking until he's found " Mal said on the verge of crying

" Mal, I'm sorry but you need to rest. You haven't slept in two days. Ben wouldn't want you to not take care of yourself " Jay said

" Fine " Mal hesitated

Mal struggled to sleep that night but tried her best anyway. For Ben she thought to herself. That morning she woke up to a loud banging sound on her door. She immediately got up and answered it and her face lit up when she saw who it was. The person at the door was ........

Frederic. The missing chauffeur. (Y'all hate me hehehe)

" Hi ma'am " he said

" Hey where's Ben ? " Mal asked

She knew he was alive she knew it. The driver was found. Ben was with the driver. That must mean Ben's okay. Mal was certain of it. She was wrong. Oh so very wrong.

" My Lady, I'm sorry but the King didn't survive the accident, he passed away last night. We did every thing we could to save him but we failed. I'm sorry "

" No.... No..... your lying...... don't mess with Me " Mal said refusing to believe what was said

" I'm afraid it is true, miss. I wish I was lying " Frederick added " I'll leave you to grieve on your own "

" Does his parent's know " Mal asked

" They were informed several moments ago. I'm so sorry for your loss " He said before leaving

The minute he left. Mal's tried to remain strong but she failed. She was broken. Nothing and Nobody could fix the emotional pain she was in. Why? Why?
Mal broke down and started crying. Looking at anything reminded her OF Ben and it made her cry even more. She had no idea what was going to happen now and she didn't want to find out. She just wanted to wake up and hope this was a dream. A bad dream. She wanted to wake up to Ben sleeping next to her. He'd comfort her until she felt better.

Unfortunately this was reality. It was not a dream. Ben was no longer here and she could never bring her mind around that......

Brb Crying 😭😭😭😭😭