The Cynics

“I can’t believe you forced me in to taking a vacation leave for this BS. I’m not even the least bit interested in skiing.” Jiyeon seethed as she carried her luggage. She was not a happy camper. Chaerin ‘forced’ her by trying to make her feel guilty because she doesn’t want to go to this skiing trip.

Chaerin decided to have a little R&R with Seung Hyun, her beloved unnie and Jaejoong in a skiing trip for her birthday celebration. Jiyeon didn’t want to go at all. She wanted to do a triple shift because her boss Won Bin is on leave. She wanted to take over his surgeries instead of giving it away to others. But Chaerin just had to bat her lashes, pout her lips and look like Puss N Boots and Jiyeon was already sold… although unwillingly.

“Relax, unnie… you could really use some rest and relaxation. You haven’t had a vacation in a long time. You’ll enjoy this trip.” Chaerin smiled at her brightly. Jiyeon just snarled and walked pass Chaerin. She was too tired to even argue with Chaerin.

“Damn it Chae, what did you put in my bag? It’s freakin heavy. Did you buy me a pair of new ski outfit too? I told you I don’t have any intentions of skiing.” Jiyeon grunted and dropped her bag on the floor, creating a heavy thud. They stopped in front of the concierge of the Inn they were staying in for the next two days.

“We reserved for three rooms. One suite and two regular rooms.” Chaerin informed the lady.

“Ms. Chaerin Lee?” The lady confirmed. She looked confused as she read her computer screen.

“Uhmm… I apologize. There seems to have been a misunderstanding. I only see two suites for your reservation.” The lady looked so worried and alarmed when she looked up and saw Chaerin’s surprised expression.

“Chae, I switched the reservations. It would save us almost half the price for the two regular rooms if we take just take one suite. I figured we could just use the money for a few more bottles of Dom Perignon… and our rooms would just be next to each other compared to the regular rooms we’d be a few floors down…” Jaejoong explained. Seung Hyun looked at his friend suspiciously but decided to keep quiet about it. Chaerin on the other hand, seems to have considered Jaejoong’s explanation a valid one.

“Besides… it’s not like Jiyeon and I don’t sleep together every night.” Jaejoong trailed off. He kept on reminding himself, fiercely and forcefully that he did this not because he will miss Jiyeon if he doesn’t sleep next to her… he did this not because he wants to be with Jiyeon… he kept on reminding himself that he did this just because of pure practicality.

“Geesh. Just get this done and over with. I want to go to bed and sleep.” Jiyeon scratched her head and stretched her arms up. Chaerin thought for a moment and then talked to the lady. She took two keys and gave one to Jaejoong.