Pathetic

Their journey back to the apartment was awfully quiet. The breathtaking kiss they shared in the middle of Lotte World robbed them both of their ability to speak.

Jaejoong could feel the tense atmosphere between them and he didn’t know what to say or what to do. He was afraid that if he said or did anything, it would set Jiyeon off into a fit. All he could do is just steal glances at her.

Jiyeon on the other hand kept thinking about their kiss. She kept on screaming curses in her head. She shouldn’t have let the kiss happen. She should’ve pushed him away and kicked him in the shin but she didn’t. She got caught up in the kiss too. If it weren’t for the group of high school students that bumped into them, she wouldn’t have let go of him.

She kept her gaze on the window, she felt a little silly wondering if the explosion she felt while kissing Jaejoong was because of the fireworks.

“Uhmmm… do you want us to buy something before going home?” Jaejoong finally asked. He bit his lip, waiting for her answer with a loud thudding in his heart.

“Jiyeon?” Jaejoong called her named. She looked like she was in deep thought.

“What?” Jiyeon asked without looking at him.

“I asked if you wanted to buy something before going home… something to eat…” Jaejoong asked again.

“Let’s just order pizza.” Jiyeon mumbled. She then reached for the car stereo and switched on the FM radio to play some random music. She didn’t want to talk to him yet because she knows that once she opens her mouth, she wouldn’t stop and she might say things she’d regret.

Jiyeon walked ahead of Jaejoong as they got into their building. The receptionist called her name. She stopped and looked at the girl.

“Ma’am, someone is looking for Mr. Kim. He’s been waiting for him for hours at the lobby.” The receptionist said softly, obviously intimidated by Jiyeon. Jiyeon squared her shoulders, looked at the girl with deadpan eyes.

“Do I look like Mr. Kim to you?” Jiyeon asked, intimidating the receptionist.

“I was just… I’m sorry…” The receptionist bowed apologetically.

“Here he is.” Jiyeon nodded her head, pointing the receptionist towards Jaejoong who was walking towards them, playing with his car keys.