Meet Our Hero

“So what ground are we invoking for this divorce?” The senior partner of Park, Choi, Kim & Associates – the law office where Seung Hyun and Jaejoong was working asked Jaejoong. This is their biggest client to date. The wife of three years of Lee Jun Ki, Korea’s shipping magnate just filed for divorce. And the reason why everyone was so worked up is because there’s no prenuptial agreement involved. So this would earn the law office millions of dollars.

“Irreconcilable differences.” Jaejoong answered as he leaned on to his chair. He pinched the bridge of his nose as he closed his eyes. He was still tired from his gimmick at some bar last night.

“Is that the best you can do? That won’t hold water in the Family Court. We have to invoke something with more basis. We have to show that our client is the aggrieved party here!” The senior partner roared and slammed Jaejoong’s desk making the latter almost jump on his seat.

“Relax. It’s not like I ever lost a case. Look, I don’t do your line of defense. Psychological Incapacity is tougher to prove. It’s better to have a solid case and a solid argument than having heavier basis with weaker arguments to back it up.” Jaejoong uttered in his almost whisper tired voice. He’s the only one aside from Seung Hyun that could talk to senior partners like that.

“You don’t understand, this case is going to be on Judge Lee’s docket. She’s known to be ruthless. Nobody has ever won on irreconcilable differences in her court ever.” The senior partner sounded so worried, beads of sweat forming on his temples.

“Judge Lee?” Jaejoong gave out a faint smile. He grabbed his pen and twirled it with his fingers.

“You better win this case counsel. Losing is not an option.” The senior partner warned. Jaejoong just gave him a wicked smile.

“We’ll win this case under Judge Lee. Don’t worry. I got this.” Jaejoong said so sure of himself.

Jaejoong was now left in his office, he leaned on his chair and placed his feet on his desk and hummed some random song he heard in his car earlier. He grabbed his yellow stress ball and started tossing it up in the air ever so idly.

“Sir, a girl named Yoona is calling. She wants to talk to you.” Jaejoong’s secretary buzzed in. Jaejoong gave his secretary a wicked grin.

“Why are you even telling me this Amber? You know what to do.” Jaejoong uttered in a sing song voice. His secretary Amber already got used to fielding all Jaejoong’s calls from his ex-conquests. She’s been working for him ever since Jaejoong started.

“Don’t you even feel pity for the girls you screw?” Amber sighed frustratingly.