Diagnosis

“Did you leave your brain in med school? How did you even graduate without knowing a simple intubation procedure?” Jiyeon gave her intern the iciest glare she could muster.

She was having a very bad day today. She’s almost finish with her double shift at work. She’s tired, been awake for almost forty eight hours. Two out of her four operations she assisted died on the table. She’s been branded with the ‘Grim Reaper’ duty on each and every operation she participates in, which means she is tasked with the duty to announce the time of death of the patients.

Although to her, a dead body is just a corpse, every time a patient dies on her operating table, she can’t help but run each and every step she did during the operation to assess if she did anything wrong. She wants to check and re-assess herself. That’s how much of a perfectionist she is.

“I’m sorry…” The intern mumbled.

“Well if the patient died because of a simple intubation your sorry wouldn’t save her. Order a CT for the patient and get out of my face.” Jiyeon said coldly.

She walked towards the locker room to get her things when she runs into Minho in the nurse’s station flirting with another nurse. She ignores his presence and walks pass them but Minho leaves the nurse and grabs her arm.

“Hey, you’re going home?” Minho walked beside Jiyeon, now his arm was laced over Jiyeon’s shoulders.

“Yeah Captain Obvious.” Jiyeon answered lazily.

“I’ve been waiting for your call…” Minho whispered in a low voice, Jiyeon flinched at the feel of Minho’s hot breath on her ear.

“Just keep on waiting. I’ll call you when I need sex.” Jiyeon yawned while shrugging off his arm.

“We can stop this strictly sex relationship between us… I want us to be exclusive…” Jiyeon stopped in her tracks and looked at Minho surprised. She blinked a couple of times before regaining back her thoughts. Silence enveloped them both. Minho was holding his breath to wait for Jiyeon to say something.

“Hey… say something… I said I want us to be exclusive… like in a real relationship…” Minho bit his lip.

“Are you freakin’ out of your mind!?” Jiyeon burst out laughing. Her eyes tearing up from too much laughing, she was holding her stomach. The whole east wing of the hospital was already looking at both of them weirdly.

Jiyeon’s laugh subsided and noticed Minho silently looking at her with a defeated look on his face.