Meet Our Heroine

“That was great babe.” Lee Minho gently kissed Jiyeon’s bare shoulder. They were both in the on-call room where doctors and nurses could take a quick nap. One thing is for sure though, they weren’t napping.

Jiyeon raised her eyebrow at Minho. She sat up and reached for her scrubs to cover herself, completely ignoring Minho.

Silence enveloped the on-call room. Minho looked at her and an image of a five year old boy mourning over his spilled ice cream reflected on his face. Jiyeon just grunted as she stood up and reached for her coat and stethoscope.

“We both don’t have duty tomorrow do you want to drop by at Tequila Joe’s later to grab a drink?” Minho asked hopeful. Tequila Joe is the bar across the hospital where all the nurses, interns, residents and attending physicians (attending for short) hang out after work.

“No.” Jiyeon answered curtly as if she was looking at a stranger. She could’ve almost fool him and he almost believed that they didn’t just have sex together a few minutes ago.

“Do you have plans?” Minho sat up and ran his fingers through his disheveled hair, his bare chest rising and falling as he breathed heavily. He was the resident “manwhore” of Seoul General Hospital. When a lady wants him, he doesn’t refuse. He had this famous reputation of giving ladies multiple mind blowing orgasms. Everyone tried tying him down but he refused every single girl that wanted a relationship with him. It’s not his cup of tea.

“No.” Jiyeon answered again. She was now tying her hair in a messy bun with a rubber band.

“Well, I can just drop you home later.” Jiyeon sighed heavily and looked at Minho tiredly.

“I’d appreciate if you’d stop being clingy. Look, I don’t want to hang out and date you. This thing between us is just sex. So, after we’re done… I don’t want you to talk… I don’t want you to ask me out… I don’t want to hang out with you. Okay?” Jiyeon bent down and patted Minho’s cheek.

“If you want to have sex with me again, you have to get tested every week and show it to me. God knows how many ladies you’ve been with. I’ll page you when I need you. Have a great day.” Jiyeon closed the door and left Minho speechless in the on-call room.

If you’re looking for the typical shy virginal heroine then I’m sorry to disappoint you because Jiyeon is exactly the opposite. She’s your no nonsense blunt cutthroat badass heroine. She can do open by-pass surgery with her eyes closed. When you ask her a question, she answers straight to the point... no frills… no fuss… and certainly no sugarcoating involved.

She’s an orphan now. Her parents died when she just graduated high school, got her pre-med course and med school via scholarship grant. She only has one friend, her name is Chaerin. Well, that’s only because she can only attach herself to one person… that’s her limit… everyone else that tries to get close to her, she discards like yesterday’s trash.