Past Lovers

Jiyeon sat lazily at the chair of the conference hall of the hospital where they held lectures and meetings. They were waiting for Chief Won Bin. The doctors were starting to pile up and find their respective seats. No one dared sit beside Jiyeon. She isn’t called the Voldemort of the hospital for nothing. Her mind kept on repeating that scene of Jaejoong being embraced by that girl in his penthouse. She couldn’t understand why she felt angry and felt betrayed. She didn’t have the right to feel angry. She shouldn’t feel that way… and yet… she did.

“Penny for your thoughts?” She didn’t realize Minho already sat beside her. He was looking at her with his disarming smile, Jiyeon just rolled her eyes.

“Don’t you have some other doctor to bother?” Jiyeon uttered lazily.

“You know that my eyes are only for you…” Minho responded. He raised his arms to stretch and rested it on the back of the chair of Jiyeon.

“Do you know what this meeting is all about?” Jiyeon yawned and leaned on the chair.

“The board recruited a new resident surgeon. Apparently this girl studied in Oxford. She’ll be in pedia.” Minho replied.

“How in the world do you know these things? Do you screw one of the board members?” Jiyeon remarked at Minho. He raised his eyebrow and smirked at her.

“Getting a little jealous are we?” Minho laughed.

“In your dreams. Anyways, I’m not the least bit interested with this shit. Why do I have to be here? I have to make sure my stupid intern booked the OR for my bypass surgery later.” Jiyeon looked at her watch impatiently.

“It’s time to pay back the welcome we gave you when you first came here. Remember when Chief introduced you and you stood in front of all of us looking high and mighty saying ‘I’m not here to make friends. So just please stay out of my way.’ You had this screw all of you I know I’m a rock star impression.” Minho smiled reminiscing that day.

“I looked at you and I said to myself, I have to have this girl. Come to think of it, the first time I saw you… I knew I’m screwed because I already fell in love with you …” Minho whispered.

“You stupid fool. If you already had feelings for me, why did you even have sex with me? I told you I don’t do relationships… no strings attached, no emotional connection… and you have that rule too with the girls you screw too. You’re breaking your own rule.” Jiyeon replied unfeelingly.

“Well, I figured if I can’t have you that way… I’d take anything I can get…” Minho said seriously. He gave out a heavy sigh and then he chuckled.