Chapter 1: First Day

"Kari, wake up!" Tai said shaking his little sister furiously.

Kari opened her eyes and looked around the room. The new room. Feeling her heart sink and realizing that it was her freshman year and she would not be with her friends she curled back up under the covers and closed her eyes.

Tai glared at her. "Will you get up I'm not being late on our first day!"

Kari glared at him. "How can you be so happy about this? I hate this! I don't know anyone at this school or this town and I'd rather lay in bed all day."

"Don't be such a drama queen!" Tai argued. "Seriously this is my senior year! I can make an awesome first impression by trying out for the soccer team and becoming the star player within the first week." he smiled in mid day dream.

Kari sat up from her bed and looked at him with her eyebrows raised. "Well don't you have high expectations for your first day?"

"Yup now get up." Tai said heading out of Kari's room.

Kari sighed, so far she wasn't a fan of this town. Her and Tai had lived outside of the city for their whole lives and now her dad got a new job and she was forced to move to Odabia. Definitely not the way she wanted to start her first year of High School.

She got up and looked into the mirror. Short brown messy hair and tired eyes staring back at her. She opened the drawer to see what she had unpacked during her denial days in this new home…not much. She took out a pair of blue jean shorts and put on a nice red short sleeve shirt with one of those overlapping fabric necklines. She clipped back her hair to avoid it from getting in her face and walked into the kitchen.

Tai was busy shoving cereal down his face before their mom could walk in and offer to cook up something. Let's just say she wasn't any top chef. Her cat Miko was busy licking his bowl clean and of course to finish off the scene was unopened boxes crowding the room. They had only moved in a week ago and there was still boxes everywhere.

Tai looked up and wiped the milk off his face. "We should go I need to scope out the girls." he said jokingly and Kari just rolled her eyes.

"Mom we're leaving!" Kari shouted as her mother walked in disappointed.

"But I didn't get to make you a first day of school breakfast." she said pouting.

"Trust me we're so nervous we would have thrown it up." Tai said running out the door. But Kari knew what he meant was 'We would have thrown it up anyway.'

Once outside she smiled at the slight breeze and warm air surrounding her. She jumped down from the steps and Tai took the wheel of their fathers car.

"How you got dad to agree to letting you take the car is beyond me." she told her older brother while staring out the window of the new town.

He shrugged. "Dad knows it's important for me to look cool on my first day."

Kari relaxed herself on the seat feeling a nervous vibe travel through her.

"Mimi!" a young blonde girl came running down the hall as the brunette turned to see whom was calling her. She saw her friend Erika with a magazine in her hand and excitement on her face.

As her friend stopped panting she held up the magazine practically shoving it in her face. "Look at the uniforms the principal is letting us get! Mimi new uniforms! We've been working for this for so long now!"