Chapter 19: Giving up the secret

"Whoo! Kari get up it's the biggest game of the year!" Tai screamed jumping up and down. "If we win today's game do you realize we become State Champions, and do you realize how that could affect my college, soccer career? If they see me rocking it out on the field they might want me for their college! I'm talking scouts everywhere! This could be my big break!"

Kari lifted her head out of her pillow. "Seriously? What are you hyped up on coffee? It's six am! Shut up!" she threw herself back into the pillow.

"And then once I get into the BEST soccer college of all time the major league scouts are going to want me. Then I'll be playing as the star player for the best professional soccer team out there and..."

"I'm getting up!" Kari yelled getting out of bed. "Just stop talking!"

"So you're coming right?" Tai asked as Kari got herself a bowl and poured some cereal into, followed by milk.

"You know I am, you've asked me every day all week." Kari said tiredly.

"Did you make me a giant sign." he said smiling imagining everyone holding up signs for him.

"I did...but I left it at the school." Kari said. "And I'm not sure where it is..."

"Why would you leave it there?" Tai asked in disbelief.

Kari thought of Tk entering the picture and how she ran off. "Something came up and I forgot about it, sorry." she said shrugging and filling her mouth with a spoonful of cereal.

"Okay..." Tai said shaking his head and going into his room to get changed.

...

"We're going to be State Champions, we're going to be State Champions!" Davis said singing down the hallway also excited about the game that night.

"Gee could you be any happier?" Tk joked then stopped in his tracks as he saw Kari walking down the hall talking to Yolie and Yolie laughing at whatever she had said.

"You okay dude?" Davis asked seeing Tk's face fall.

"Yeah, I mean I don't care if she doesn't want to talk to me." Tk said shrugging it off.

"Dude that's like saying I won't be depressed if we loose State Champions." Davis said seriously.

"Whatever" Tk said walking into class with his friend.

...

"I'm so nervous I don't think I can even eat." Tai said staring at his lunch.

"That's a concern by itself..." Sora commented. "Tai not eating is like a snowman in the sun."

"Haha" Tai said.

"Aren't you supposed to eat carbs before the game?" Izzy asked.

"Yeah, come on Tai eat some noodles and get yourself all stuffed up for the game." Sora said. "We know you want to." she smirked.

Tai gave in and started eating his food barely taking a breath.

"So we all going together?" Sora asked Matt and Izzy.