Chapter 11: Overdose

Kari laid on her bed crying. She had locked her door refusing to let anybody in. She didn't want to talk or think she just wanted to keep hugging her pillow hating people, this town, and this high school.

She heard the phone ringing. It had every 15 minutes for the past 2 hours. She knew Yolie would want to hear about her and Tk's 'date', but she didn't want to talk about something that she truly was excited for and never happened.

She felt so stupid. She hated herself for letting herself fall for him. She hated him for standing her up.

The phone rang again and she picked it up and threw it at the wall watching as it split in two. She hadn't realized her own strength, that her phone would actually reach the wall but she shrugged it off and turned back over in bed. Closing her eyes and falling asleep.

...

Sora grabbed her bag from the locker room and headed out still sweating from her run. It seemed like running was the only thing that got her thinking about something else besides Mike and Tai lately.

She started heading down the hallway when she saw Tai talking to Matt. They turned and Tai saw her staring at him.

She quickly turned and ran into the nearest bathroom to get away from him. She knew he wouldn't run into a girls bathroom after him.

She took a breath and faced away from the door looking into the bathroom. Her heart stopped. "Mimi?" she whispered looking at the ground then reality caught up with her. "MIMI! MIMI!"

She bent to the ground and started shaking the girl. "MIMI WAKE UP! OH MY GOD SOMEBODY HELP! HELP! HELP!" she screamed louder and louder.

Tai and Matt came running into the girls bathroom and gasped at the sight of an unconsious Mimi lying on the floor.

"Go get some help!" Sora screamed at them and Matt nodded to Tai before running out the door.

Tai kneeled down next to Sora horrified. "What happened?" he turned his head to see a bottle of pills on the sink and no longer needed his answer.

"Mimi help is coming okay? You're going to be fine just keep breathing!" Sora shouted clutching on to Tai's arm for support.

...

Kari woke up and looked at her alarm clock. It was 10 p.m. She had slept through dinner and everything. No one had woken her up?

She got out of bed seeing her hair a mess in the mirror and masscara stains down her cheeks. Yolie had put make up on her before she was supposed to meet Tk and she had never taken it off.

She walked out of her room and saw her parents sitting on the couch. "What's going on?" she asked. They turned and looked at her.

"Oh Kari good your awake I was getting worried." her mother said then she got up and went over to the kitchen. "I saved you some dinner."

"Why didn't you wake me?" Kari asked.

"Well I came in and you looked exhausted. I figured you had a long day so I saved you dinner." she said grabbing the plate and handing it to Kari.

"Where's Tai?" Kari asked.

Kari's mom looked towards her husband and sighed. "He's with some friends...there was an incedent at your school this afternoon hunny..."

Kari looked up. "What kind of incedent?"

Her mother sat down looking sad. "I guess a girl to years older than you overdosed in the girls bathroom. Tai and his friends found her and she had to be rushed to the hospital." she sighed. "It's such a horrible situation. He doesn't know when he'll be home."

"Wow I wonder who it was..." Kari said taking a bite out of the food on her plate and silently gagging in her mouth.

"Poor girl." Her father said shaking his head.

"Yeah" Kari said heading back into her room and picking up her broken phone. "Great..."

...

Izzy turned off his light and sat down in his bed. He had had this horrible feeling in his stomach all day. Like something was seriously wrong.

He figured it was just Sora guessing the truth. That he really was starting to like stuck up Mimi. More than he should...

He laid down and closed his eyes. He could see her face smiling at him, not like she hated him...but like she respected him.

He wanted to smile at the image but he felt something bothering him deeply inside. He felt sick to his stomach. Something was wrong...really wrong.