Chapter 8: Sora's secret

Tai sat down next to Izzy during the lunch the next day. Sora was out of school and he was extremely worried about her. She totally freaked out on him yesterday and he had no idea what was going on.

"Hey Izzy mind if I sit here? I want to talk to you about something." Tai asked taking a seat next to the red haired boy.

Izzy looked up. "Go ahead, its Tai right?"

"Yup" Tai said sitting down next to him.

Matt slid into a seat across from them. "Hey Izzy, hey Tai"

"Hey great you're both here now tell me what happened to Sora because I had an interesting confrontation with her yesterday and some pregnant girl and now she's not in school today." He said looking around for an answer.

Izzy and Matt looked at each other worried before Matt answered. "You saw Morgan?"

"Uh yeah I think that was her name why?" Tai asked.

"What did Sora say to you?" Izzy asked this time.

"She said 'What are you falling for her now too?' Or something like that." He said thinking about it.

"Poor Sora, no wonder she's out of school." Matt commented.

"Tell me what's wrong with her! I want to help!" Tai yelled getting a few looks from nearby tables.

"That girl…Morgan, is pregnant with Sora's ex-boyfriends baby." Izzy said shaking his head.

"Last year Sora found out her boyfriend Mike cheated on her and got another girl pregnant. That girl was Morgan." Matt explained.

"Ever since Sora's had major trust issues, which I can see why…" Izzy added.

"That's why she won't go out with you, Tai." Matt explained again. "She's afraid of getting hurt again."

Tai sat there in shock. "And when Morgan came over to me and Sora saw us talking she must have been scared…"

"That Morgan would steal you away too." Izzy finished.

Tai just sat there taking it all in. "I want her to know she can trust me, that I would never hurt her."

"Give her time, maybe she'll come around." Matt told him comfortingly.

"Maybe…" Tai said quietly.

"Izzy?" a voice came from behind and the three boys turned around to see Mimi standing there.

"Whoa Iz is that your girlfriend? Not bad!" Tai said smirking and playfully punching Izzy's shoulder.

"No! She's not my girlfriend!" Izzy said defensively. "What is it Mimi?"

Mimi looked a tad hurt by his jump at rejecting that she could be his girlfriend but she tried to hide it. She stuck out her arm handing him an envelope. "Here"

"What is it?" he asked.

"The money I owe you for denting your car." She said quietly.

Izzy sighed pretty surprised that she had even offered to pay for it. Well he had TOLD her she would be but he didn't think she'd take that seriously. "Mimi, its fine" He said pushing the money back. "I can pay for it, it isn't a big dent I'll be fine."

"I'll feel guilty please take it. I have plenty of money." She urged.

"Mimi why are you talking to him?" Erika asked annoyed.

"I was paying Izzy back for something…" Mimi said blushing.

"Well don't talk to him he's a nerd!" Erika practically yelled at her. "God Mimi I don't know what's wrong with you lately."

"Shut up"

Mimi looked up and Erika looked taken aback by Izzy's words.

"Excuse me?" she said even more annoyed.

"Leave her alone she didn't do anything to you." He said then he looked at Mimi. "Forget about the money okay?" he picked up his lunch and went to throw it away.

Mimi stared at him in awe. He stood up for her, something no one ever did.

"Do you like him?" Yolie asked excited after Kari gave her the details of her and Tk's afternoon at the beach.

"I don't know…" Kari said honestly. "It's all so soon I'd like to hang out with him more before I decide that." She took a picture of the trees colorful leaves. She had enjoyed photography club and having Yolie there was a plus, except for Erin being there of course.

"Fine then, we have to make a plan so you guys can hang out more!" she said thinking hard.

"Can't we just let things happen on their own?" Kari asked snapping another shot.

"Who does that these days?"

"Me" Kari replied laughing. "Yolie we need to get you your own man."

"Yes, but who…." She said going back into a thinking pose.

"Well don't hurt yourself thinking too hard." Kari laughed again.

Sora lay on her bed staring at the wall. Her mom had let her stay home from school considering everything that had happened. She felt guilty about missing practice but vowed in her head that she would practice extra tomorrow.

She couldn't stop thinking about Morgan talking to Tai carrying Mike's baby. She had loved him and trusted him. How could she ever date someone again? All relationships do is end in pain.

She thought about Tai and how much fun playing soccer with him had been. He had wanted to go out with her but she didn't even know him that well. And even if she had…she wasn't ready for another relationship. Not now, maybe not ever.

She stuffed her head into the pillow and started crying again.

…..

Mimi closed her locker. She had to show her friends that she wasn't into Izzy so they would stop yelling at her for talking to a nerd. She turned to see a hot guy named Paul walking over to her.

"Hey Mimi" he said putting one hand on a locker next to her leaning up against it trying to look cool.

Mimi smiled trying to flirt as she would normally have done. "Hello Paul"

"So I was thinking we should see a movie this weekend." He said moving his hand through his hair to add to the affect.

Mimi smiled. "Sure I would love to, pick me up at six Saturday night." She stopped leaning on her locker and walked away to leave a hint of mystery.

There was only one thing bothering her now. The minute she said yes…Izzy crossed her mind.