Chapter 22: Run Away

"I can't believe you going with the devils daughter to the Winter Formal." Davis said shaking his head dissapointed. "I mine as well ask your girlfriend for you."

Tk shot him a death glare. "Clearly she is not my girlfriend because if she was I'd being going with her. If you ask her you're going to end up seeing your Xbox smashed into millions of pieces."

"Dude I was kidding." Davis said with his hands up then his face grew concerned. "My Xbox won't be smashed right?"

"No" Tk said loosing the glare and changing the TV channel to a basketball game. "I'm sorry dude she's just got my nerves up."

"Yeah I know..." Davis said quietly. "I saw her like freak on you today, maybe it's better that you're going with Erin."

"Yeah well I really don't want to go with her, I only said yes because I was mad at Kari." Tk said frusturated.

"Dude you've got it bad."

"Dude I know."

...

Mimi sat on her bed flipping through a magazine when her phone rang. "Hello"

"Hey it's Sora"

"Hey what's up?"

"Okay about what you said at lunch with 'The Guy' aka Tai not asking me to the dance yet...uh well do you think that was true, like he wanted to ask me?"

"Well from what Izzy told me about him he's apparently quite smitten with you."

"Yeah I know but I'm not sure if I want to date again and I've told him that."

"That's probably why he hasn't asked. He probably figured if he does he'll loose you as a friend."

"But part of me wants him to...I don't know I think I like him."

"I think you do too."

"What do I do?"

"Well I've recently learned just to go with your heart and gut. It worked for me."

"Yeah but what if I get hurt again."

"Sora, Tai isn't Mike."

"Yeah but..."

"If you spend your whole life waiting to get hurt you're never going to be happy."

"I guess you right...when did you get so wise anyway?"

"I don't know I guess from experience."

"I'll CONSIDER maybe dating again..."

"That's all I ask."

"Thanks Mimi see yeah tomorrow?"

"I'll be there bye Sora!"

...

"Don't mind the smell...it's my moms cooking..." Tai said as he opened the door for Matt.

"I don't smell anything." Matt said looking around.

"She's not home." he shrugged. "Kari?" Waiting for an answer. "Weird she's usually home by now."

"Maybe she's with a friend."

"Yeah probably." Tai said taking a seat on the couch when the phone rang. "Hello? No she's not. Oh really? Okay thanks, bye."

"Who was that?" Matt asked flickering through the stations on the TV.

"That was Kari's friend Yolie. She said something happened at school today and Kari was wicked upset and rushed home." Tai said growing concerned.

"Could she be with another friend?"

"No you don't get it at this school Yolie is her only friend. Let me check her room." The boys got up and opened the door of Kari's room to see a mess of clouthes on the ground. "My sister is not a messy person Matt..." Tai said growing worried.

"Is there anything in here that could lead to where she could be?" Matt asked looking around the room.

Tai shrugged and looking in the closet noticing something. "Her luggage bag is gone. She never takes that thing anywhere except for far away trips. And I can tell it's missing because it's got giant pink flowers on it, we haven't exactly gotten new luggage in a while, it sticks out."

"Do you think she ran away?" Matt asked wide eyed.

"Shit I hope not." Tai said taking out his phone and dialing Kari's number. "Damn it no answer!"

"What do we do?"

"I have no idea..." Tai said worried. "Crap Kari where are you?"

...

Kari walked up to the door and knocked. She was tired from the train ride and just needed something fimilar. She smiled as the door opened.

"Kari?"

"Hey Jill can I stay here for awhile?"

"Sure but what's going on?" Jill asked concerned.

"I ran away." Kari said shrugging.

"From?"

"Life."