Chapter 7: Afternoon driving or at the beach

"What are you doing?" Tk asked sitting on the floor of Davis's room playing a video game. Davis had gotten up and taken his laptop off the desk placing it on his lap.

"Well…" their other friend Jason said. "We're going to see if Kari has a Teenspace that way you can find out a little more about this girl you have such a big thing for."

"I never said I have a thing for her!" Tk said defensively putting down the controller and heading over to see what his friends had found.

"We saw the way you were staring at her at the mall last Friday." Jason said shrugging.

"You were all googoo eyes." Davis commented. "What's her last name?"

"Kamyia" Tk responded automatically only to receive smirks from his friends. "What? We're in the same English class I've heard the teacher call her by her last name!"

"Yeah yeah yeah…." Davis said. "Oh here she is, I'll request her as a friend. Don't you want to see pictures of her Tk?"

Tk looked at them. "I don't care."

"Oh look here she is with her friends….their hot." Davis commented.

"I call the blonde." Jason added.

"Stop it!" Tk said pulling the computer away from them and then turning his head towards the screen to see Kari smiling widely in a picture with two other girls. She looked so…happy. Not like she was here.

He closed the computer and turned towards his friends. "I never said I like her so why worry about it! Anyways I have to go I have homework." He grabbed his backpack and headed out the door.

"He so likes her." Davis commented.

"5-6-7-8…We have spirit we'll make you hear it, we have spirit we'll make you better fear it. 3-5-8-9 we're gonna kick your behind go Tigers yeah yeah go Tigers…..watch. Out. All around cause we're the team that will toss you into the ground, go Tigers yeah yeah go Tigers WHOOO!"

Mimi sat down on the ground exhausted from practice. Actually she had been exhausted for days now. She got up and headed to the parking lot.

"Mimi, still no license?" Kelly asked.

"Wow at this rate you'll never get it…" Erin said twirling her hair.

"I….I have it!" Mimi said quickly.

"You do?" they asked in union.

"Where's your car?" Erin asked eagerly searching the parking lot.

Mimi nervously looked around the parking lot knowing very well she still had yet to pass the test. Then she saw him. Izzy. He was walking towards his car. "I have to drive Izzy home in his car…" she said quickly.

They gave her a disgusted look. "Why?"

Mimi shrugged. "He did a project for me and this was my way of paying him off."

"Oh that sucks…" Kelly said. "Good luck."

"Yeah bye!" Mimi said running to Izzy's car.