Chapter 21: Liars

"He told you he didn't write it?" Yolie asked at Kari's locker the following Monday morning.

"Yeah" Kari said taking out her English book then looking back towards her friend "I don't know if I should believe him or not..."

"Well what does your gut tell you?" Yolie asked leaning up against the locker.

Kari shrugged. "Part of me feels like he's telling the truth but I really don't want to set myself up to get hurt again, Yolie."

"I know" Yolie said sighing then groaned. "Great look at what the devil has sent us now."

Kari turned to see Erin walking towards her.

"Hey Kar" Erin said smiling like they were best friends.

"And you want what?" Yolie asked raising her eyebrows.

Erin smiled. "Yolie a boyish attitude like that will never get you a man."

"A face like that will never get you one." Yolie countered glaring at her.

Erin rolled her eyes. "Light humor" she told Kari. "Anyways I wanted to let you know that Tk and I are going to the Winter Formal this Friday together so I feel you should back off, I heard you were hitting on him at your brothers party last week."

Kari felt her heart turn to stone and her face turn pale. Yolie looked at her knowing she was upset but didn't say anything. Erin wouldn't say something like that unless it was true...she had a reputation to keep. Tk was going with her now?

"You're going together?" she managed to spurt out.

"Yup!" she said smiling. "We are going to be the cutest couple there. So you understand the back off thing? Great, now I'm going to stop wasting my time with you losers and head off." she smiled and skipped down the hallway.

"Kari..." Yolie said. "Maybe it's not true..."

"Why would she say it unless she could prove it Friday night?" Kari asked her voice cracking. "I don't care..." she slammed her locker shut and headed to English class.

...

"So are things fixed now?" Davis asked Tk who was sitting on a desk before class started.

"I'm pretty sure they are. It was just a huge misunderstand...hey there she is." he jumped off the desk. "Kari..."

She pushed by him making sure to bump into before taking her seat in the back.

"That didn't look fine..." Davis said as Tk walked to the back of the room to Kari's seat.

"What was that about?" he asked annoyed.

Kari looked up angerily. "Get away from me. I don't want to talk to you ever again, you're a jerk, a liar, and a huge player. You're just like all the other stupid popular jocks."

Tk looked at her hurt. "What are you even talking about?"

"Are you seriously playing this game again?" Kari cried. "Tk just leave me alone."

"Fine" he said angery and moved back to his seat.

Erin walked over and put her hand on his shoulder. "Aw T I'm sorry. She's not worth it. Why don't we go to the dance together Friday?" she looked up at him with a fake sweet smile plastered on her face.