TEN

CHAPTER TEN.
A PARTY OF DEATH

OCTAVIA HAD GONE MISSING

OCTAVIA HAD GONE MISSING. Bellamy woke her up in the middle of the night, frantically telling her that he couldn't find his sister anywhere and that the last time he saw her was before he went after the pod.

Grace helped him when he double checked the whole camp and came with the same conclusion.

Octavia wasn't here.

"Hey, everybody, gather around and grab a weapon," Bellamy bellowed to all the delinquents, most of them still half asleep. "My sister's been out there alone for 12 hours. Arm up. We're not coming back without her!"

Harper, Roma, and a few other girls made their ways over to Grace.

"Hey, what should we do?" Harper asked, seemingly unsure.

"You heard him," said Grace, snatching an ugly looking thing that she thought was sharp enough to be a weapon. "We'll find Octavia."

Harper raised her eyebrows, didn't actually expect that answer, but she quickly nodded and grabbed her own weapon. The other girls did the same, some of them looked a bit reluctant.

"Dove?" Bellamy sounded surprised as he appeared in front of her, eyeing the short spear she had in her hand. "You're coming?"

Grace rolled her eyes. "Why else would I need this ugly thing?"

Bellamy tried to hide his smile. He failed.

"I thought rescue mission wasn't your thing?"

"Well, if there's someone worth risking my nails to, I guess it's your sister," Grace mumbled, shrugging her shoulders.

Bellamy nodded, looking like he respected her a little bit more. "Thank you."

"Let's just get this over with," she brushed him off, but tightened her grip on the weapon, and she followed him when he led the group to go to the forest.

"Guys, guys! Look!"

A delinquent suddenly called out, pointing up at the sky, where hundreds of shooting stars were falling from the dark canopy of night.

"What is that? So bright."

"Did you see that? Look up there. It's so beautiful."

Unlike the others' rather enthusiastic and mesmerized reactions, Raven Reyes only looked devastated.

"They didn't work. They didn't see the flares," she announced.