FIFTEEN

CHAPTER FIFTEEN.
AMONGST THE STARLESS SKY

MIKE LUNGED AND SUDDENLY Grace was on the ground

MIKE LUNGED AND SUDDENLY Grace was on the ground. Pain shot through her as her head violently met the hard forest floor. She screamed with all of her might before the boy punched her until she tasted blood.

She gasped for breath, willing herself to stay focus despite the stinging and the voices inside her head.

They were cheering for Mike, all wanted her to feel the utmost torment.

"Not so brave now, Dove?" The wretched guy said mockingly. "None of your prince charmings are coming to protect you?"

She could only glare at him.

"That's right," he tightened his grip on both of her arms, pinning her beneath him as he continued talking with his horrible breath odor. "I knew what you were doing. First Murphy, and then Bellamy. All you needed to do was fucking smile at them and you got them under your spell, following you anywhere and anytime. I should've known. I experienced it firsthand."

"Let go of me this instant or—"

"What? You got Murphy banished and Bellamy's in God knows where probably going nuts too. You're nothing without your stupid princes. Just a stupid slut who only knows how to spread her legs and suck men's d—"

Mike howled as the blonde woman bit his shoulder as hard as she could and then head-butted him. She kicked the man's groin and pushed him aside so she could stand on her thin, shaky legs.

"Bitch!" Mike spat, quickly got back to his feet, his eyes flashing with pure hatred. "I'll put you in your fucking place."

This time, Grace saw it coming and tried to block his punches but she was weak and tired and had no idea how to defend herself that she found herself under Mike again in no time.

She was screaming in between her sobs, it was when Mike started to take off her jacket that she tried to kick him again, but the much bigger boy had already learned his mistakes, and forcefully pinning both of her legs down with his own.

Grace shuddered in disgust and fear when the boy planted his lips on her skin, trailing his tongue up her neck to her ear.

"Stop fighting," he whispered, "you deserve this."

Grace closed her mouth tightly as he forcefully kissed her. She struggled, resisting, pushing him wildly when he ripped her shirt off.

All to no avail.

Finally, she stared blankly at the darkening sky, looking past the grey clouds and the endless sphere.

She was wondering if this was her punishment, if this was what she had to pay for all of her sins and lies and evil deeds.

That a simple death would be too kind for her.

That she deserved to feel dirty, worthless, and completely bare of hope before she died.