2 / Bumper Robinson

1992

The Robinson family's annual Fourth of July barbecue was today and Bumper wanted to bring you along considering you guys relationship was a month old and you never met his family besides his siblings

The Robinson family's annual Fourth of July barbecue was today and Bumper wanted to bring you along considering you guys relationship was a month old and you never met his family besides his siblings. It was a little nerve wracking but it helped knowing that his siblings liked you.

"Baby, want another one?" Bumper asked, pulling a beer out of the fridge.

"Um, no. But I'll take a water babe"

He just nods his big ole' head, digging into the back of the fridge to get you an ice cold water.

You and Lauren were just starting to get to know each other, and Bumper really loved watching his girlfriend and sister bond. Lauren was going on and on about this guy she met at a football game. Apparently he's 6'1 and got it going on. Bumper held the icy bottle in his hand while he watched in amusement while the teenager gushed about some lil boy before when the doorbell rang out throughout the house.

Bumper smiled and answered the door for his Mom, being pulled into the daps and hugs from his friends that were at the door. Your heart stopped when Lauren looked up, smile erupting on her face as she jumped up from her spot next to you.

"Lauren!" She cheered, tackling Lauren with a huge hug.

"What are you doing here Sabrina?" Bumper asked, hugging her next.

His arms circled around her tiny waist, locking around her, face buried deep in her neck, eyes shut. You looked down at your empty hands, noticing the drinks he was getting on the table next to him.

"Heard the superstar was back in town, had to come over and say wassup" This Sabrina chick answered his question, rubbing his back up and down as she hugged him.

"It's been too long," He sighed, pulling back just slightly.

You stand and look around, wondering if there was another place you could go to so you didn't have to watch this.

"_______, have you met Sabrina?" Lauren asked, noticing you stand.

You look over, Bumper's eyes widening when he finally looks back over at you.

"Shorty, meet 'Brina" He says nodding his head for you to come join the group.

You put on a tight lipped smile, stopping to grab your water along the way.

"Oh sorry, I got distracted." He says pointing to the water.

'Yeah your ass got distracted alright' You thought.

"It's okay, I got it." You smile at him, looking at Sabrina.

"'Brina this is ______, ________ this is 'Brina" He introduces the two of you.

"________? I don't think you've ever mentioned a ______ before." Sabrina looks to Bumper, who shrugs in response.

You swallow thickly, jaw tensing as he moves almost a little closer to her. He must want you to go to jail for a double homicide. The group gets carried away with conversation, slowly moving outside where games and the grill were set up. You stood away from the group, talking to his brothers about nothing really.