3 / Tyrin Turner

1996

It was peaceful in the Turner household on that particular Saturday, with The Lion King playing on the vhs cassette tape as it rained outside, the house shielding its inhabitants from the bitter cold

Tyrin felt so utterly happy and content in his home with his beautiful wife and children that he had to remind himself it was real. Both yourself and Tyrin lay on the huge cream colored couch with Toi and Junior between them, all four of them cuddled up to one another.

As he relished in the warmth that surrounded him, Tyrin began to pepper kisses to Toi's little head, and she let out the sweetest little giggle at her father's actions. When he did the same with Junior, Tyrin's son actually turned his head and sloppily kissed his father's cheek, making his heart burst with love for his children. The 5 year old's giggling at their father's silliness.

Finally, he turned to his wife, who had been watching the scene unravel in front of her with a big smile on her face, and the two shared content smiles. Tyrin leaned forward to hold your chin gently in his hand and tilted her face forward to kiss her head properly.

Her smile somehow widened at that, and she responded by pressing a soft kiss to Tyrin's scrunched up nose. Of course all of this went unnoticed by the two little monkeys who lay between the couple, because they were too engrossed in their movie and were now loudly screeching along to 'I Just Can't Wait To Be King'.

A few minutes later, you got up and turned towards the room, mumbling something about going to the bathroom. Tyrin slyly followed suit because, quite frankly, both of them had hectic jobs and having hyperactive twins in the house, alone time was sadly limited to stolen kisses in the night on most days. During the day, Tyrin was always running around Hollywood promoting the release of his movie. You would also, during the day, be running around Hollywood making sure your high end fashion boutique was running smoothly.

Hell, most days y'all were too tired to do anything but sleep even when the kids were knocked out. So, as soon as you stepped out of the bathroom, Tyrin was there to hold you in his arms, trapped there, and you welcomed the closeness.

Unbeknownst to Tyrin and _______, who were too wrapped up in each other to notice, their darling children had realized that both their parents were absent, and now sneakily entered their parents' bedroom. The older of the two by 5 minutes, Junior, instructed his sister to stay quiet as they hid behind some heavy curtains and made sure they weren't visible to their parents.

The parents in question, oblivious to the little birdies spying on them, remained in their little love bubble, you now settled comfortably into Tyrin's lap and sweet-talking him into giving her what she wanted.

"I love you so much, baby." Tyrin said to his wife, making her laugh and bite her lip.

"Well, why don't you show me how much you love me?" your words were suggestive, and Tyrin's lovesick smile morphed into a knowing smirk before he complied by capturing her lips in a lingering kiss.

"You love me that much, huh?" You mumbled teasingly into the kiss, but Tyrin pressed his lips to hers once again, effectively making her shut up.

Junior, now tired of the hiding and watching her parents kiss, chose that moment to abandon her little mission and came out of her hiding spot with a loud shout. Both Tyrin and you let out startled screams, obviously not anticipating their daughter suddenly appearing from behind the curtain.

Unashamed and laughing at her parents' reactions, Toi jumped onto the bed and joined her stunned parents on the bed.

"Dog pile!" Junior followed as well with a hearty giggle, jumping onto his father and making him let out a groan of pain.

Toi and ______ laughed at that, and Tyrin pouted at them as he rubbed his side.

"You think this is funny, baby? I'll show you funny," Tyrin started to tickle his wife and both Toi and Junior joined in soon after, all three of them set on torturing mommy who was laughing but crying for mercy.

Eventually, Toi and Junior tired themselves out and the flurry of heartfelt giggles that had spread through the room stopped.

"Bug? Get up princess, come on-" Tyrin tried to get his daughter to sit from where she had slumped over on the bed, but she only let out a little groan.

"We can't get them to their beds without waking them up, and I'm too tired for that. Just let them be, babe." you adjusted Junior's head so that it was on a pillow instead of Toi's tummy, and then motioned for Tyrin to turn off the lights.

After taking his shirt off, he slipped into bed as well, and snuggled up to his children and wife.

The Following Night.

Even after they had made their Dad horribly sing for them twice and pouted at their Mom until she read their favorite book once again to them, Toi and Junior refused to go to sleep.

"Come on, it's late already and you have school tomorrow bug," Tyrin reminded the five year old as _______ tried to get their wild, giggly son into bed.

He kept trying to convince his daughter to go to bed but she refused stubbornly. She got that from you. Deciding that she had had enough, _______ walked up to her daughter and worked what Tyrin lovingly called the "Mommy Magic", managing to get the stubborn little girl into bed in less than two minutes.

Toi and Junior shared a bed because the younger of the two was big on cuddles, and Junior was very attached to his sister.

"I love you, baby." you said softly to Junior as she sat by his side, gently stroking his cheek as she adjusted the blanket over his little body.

An enthusiastic shout of "I love you so much, mommy!" was Junior's response, and it warmed both Tyrin and your hearts.

"How much do you love mommy? This much?" She asked her son with a smile playing on her lips as she held her fingers apart a little, eyebrows raised in question.

Junior shook his head vigorously at that and leaned upward to press a sloppy kiss right onto his mother's lips.

"I love you that much!" He settled back into bed with a smile after his little declaration, not quite understanding why his mommy and daddy were laughing so hard.

The reason for the couple's laughter was actually that they had realized where their son drew inspiration for his actions; both Junior and Toi had witnessed their parents do something similar the day before. Toi, who had been watching silently did not want to be left behind, so she leaned forward to wrap her arms around her mother.

Another kiss was pressed to your lips, this one a little less wet but just as cute, making her wrap her arms around her daughter and hold her tight as she shed a few tears. She almost couldn't believe how far she had come, and how much her babies had grown already.

Tyrin realized that he could never put the amount of love he had for his family into words as he watched the scene unfold in front of him, but figured he could try to show them at least.

"Everyone kiss Mommy on three; One, two-" Tyrin counted down with the biggest smile on his face, and all you could really do was laugh through the tears of happiness as Tyrin and your babies tackled you onto the bed.

They pressed kisses into any part of her face that they could reach, the three of them giggling all the way. Here, on the receiving end of kisses from her little family and amidst their laughs, (Y/N) swore she had never been happier.