CHAPTER FIVE

BEATINGS.
Hameed Yasir was tired of staring at his ceiling all night long,  it's obvious he's bored and was in need of company but he'ld rather remain that way than to call his wife and chat with her.
When he could no longer bear it he barged out of the house and  wandered off.  One would think he went to see a friend but he went to a bar, drinking until he could no longer shove anything down his throat he staggered home with one of the prostitute's he met around.
Jalilah jolted awake as she hears the sound of his car being parked outside. She's been waiting for her husband's return before retiring to bed, she looked outside the window to sneak a peek at him when she discovered he's got company, she wasn't surprised but this was the first time he's come home with another woman in a situation like this.
She could hear them moaning loudly,  she doesn't move an inch where she stood till dawn.
The call of Adhan resonated round the whole neighborhood,  one might even think the whole street was a mosque
The clatering of plates and cutleries could be heard in the kitchen. Jalilah was already awake preparing breakfast for her so called husband and his guest per say.
She prepared omelette with coffee and fried some sausage and chips with orange juice and a few fruits which she set on the table, she watched the table and smilled with contentment at a job well done . Back at the kitchen she hears her husband roar with laughter as his visitor tells him a joke that's funny to him and only him .
All her life she's never been so hurt or felt as terrible as she does today,  it's was like all her hopes have been dashed away and life was just useless, she wished she died right after birth and she thought was fed up with her so called marriage life.  A loud bang brought her out of her thoughts she could hear different voices, mostly that of about three men speaking Yoruba dialect.  She ran out of the kitchen and sees Hameed on the floor being beaten up by two hefty men with weird looking tribal marks and the third man was quite old wearing some kind of Buba, he's was beating the lady up while she kneels and begs for her safety he slap her really hard as he yells at her. The most confused person in this scene was Jalilah she didn't know what step to take next or what to do just when she was about to loose it the police barged in with the gateman.
********************************
The hospital reception  seemed cold as the angry nurse scribed on a piece of paper, it's 11am in the morning and Jalilah has not taken a drop of water talk more of eating breakfast.  What happened today was the most shocking event that she's ever witnessed, not even her marriage to Hameed was this bad. 
She found out at the police station that the woman Hameed brought home was a married woman with kids,  and her husband was as old as her grand father, she married him as the seventh wife because she got pregnant for him and lied to him that she's carrying a male child , knowing truly well that he has 19 female children and was the need of a male to Inherit his riches as he claims. Unknown to the old fellow she's been deiciving him All along. 
***************************************
  A lot happened in this chapter,  this Is hilarious.
  Don't forget to vote, share and comment.
Love Zarah 💞