CHAPTER TWELVE

YOU'RE MY PROPERTY.
      The following morning was full of fear,  Jalilah had already concluded that she  was hopeless , their marriage was a curse and not a blessing .
She rushed Noori to the hospital immediately Hameed opened the doors she caught a cold and was bleeding through the nose . She was admitted to the accident and emergency unit where she was swiftly attended to by a pediatrician.
Jalilah wailed as she wallows in self pity, she watched as her life broke down right in front of her and she is unable to do anything.  The flower she promised to protect, she felt as though all that's been happening has one way or another compromised this promise she made. 
“I'm sorry to say, but your baby seems to have a hole in her heart and she's presently suffering from pneumonia, but never mind she's stable now and the rate at which she's going we don't think we could perform a surgery on her right away ”  on hearing this she almost collapsed but was held firmly by the doctor,  they say in a near by chair and her blood pressure was checked together with her pulse.
“You  need to calm down,  everything is going to be alright. Remember Allah says with every difficulty comes ease and Allah is the most merciful he doesn't burden a soul more than it can bear. Everything happening in your life now is for a reason known to only Allah and thus reason in sha Allah is what's best for you.  Keep praying, talk to Allah,  cry to Allah and I assure you that all will be well. ”  as a doctor she was sure this words would reduce her blood pressure even if she has no idea of half of her ordeal.  Her plight was a very painful one indeed.
  By the time they were back home Hameed was long gone, Jalilah performed ablution and prayed she prayed until she can no longer pray again and then she let out all the pain and the frustration waking her sleeping baby in the course. “I'm so sorry you had to go through all that,  I'll never let anything happen to you again OK?  Ammi will always be here to shower you with all the love you deserve ”  she promised herself that she'll never allow her child to go through all she's gone through. She meant every word.
**********************************************
     THREE YEARS LATER

  Life as they say is what happens when you're busy making other plans,  it  was  on the 7th, July 2017 and Noori was exactly three years old  “Ammi, Ammi ! You promised to bake me cupcakes ” she exclaimed running into the kitchen hugging her mum from behind  it was her birthday and she was so happy even though she won't be oppurtuned to go out,  “ ammi, don't forget to get me the chocolates you promised ” she smiled “you know you're not too  healthy to take chocolates right? ”
“but, but Ammi I'll just take a little ” Norri was determined to enjoy her day to the fullest, since she had no friends she'll just help her Ammi to bake a birthday cake and celebrate it at home.
By 2pm the cake was ready and decorated,  she had made variety of snacks and cooked her baby's favorite food yam balls.  They got dressed Jalilah  in a plain blue gown and her Noori in a pink gown and a tiara.  At that moment Jalilah felt she's been given all she ever asked for and she was greatful to Allah forgive what he's  blessed her with.
Noori was squealing and jumping from one point to another she was happier than ever . They decided to take pictures and enjoy their snacks one after the other when Hameed came in “what's going on here? ” he asked “it's Noori's birthday ”replied a smiling Jalilah she was hoping this I'll soften him a bit and maybe he might join them in the celebration “get these things out and clean the place up”he ordered , her heart sank and Noori had the saddest look on her face.  She's always seen her father as a rude man who lives in their house and all he does is make their lives miserable. “Hameed the little girl had been looking forward to this day, you should at least consider that ” Jalilah was as calm as ever “I don't care, clean this place up ” he wasn't going to change his mind with that he went upstairs banging the door to his room. 
“Hameed please , Noori has been looking forward to this day, she's begining to shed tears. Just a few hours and we would round up and she's hoping you might want to join us” Jalilah was persistent “what's your problem? Can't you listen to simple instructions?” he was raising his voice, and Jalilah wasn't frightened at all,  that was before she thought “well you can't just come here and start giving orders any how you like, or treat us as if we have no feelings, because I am sick and tired of you and everything about you. ” she was angry and she hopes  she's given him a piece of her mind he can't just come around and destroy all she's worked for, it's not done that Way.
“So you've grown wings right?  You feel you can now misbehave?” he was surprised but masked it off with hate “I am not misbehaving ,I'm just trying to tell you that I've had enough of you and my kindness shouldn't be taken for weakness and cowardice ” he was taken aback but slapped her across the face “how dare you? ” he snatched a fistfull of her hair dragging it with all his might, bringing  her face closer to his “listen to me and listen very good, you and everything you own and all you'll ever own are my property. Know that you have no right to tell me what to do, your opinion doesn't matter ”  if he could practically pour out his anger on her it'll surely burn for every word he says pulls patience out of him.“let me go Hameed! You know what?  Do all you want for I am not scared of going to hell because I'm already in hell being with you is hell.” she wasn't intimidated with all that he's said or done and this time it was her own turn to yell and spit fire back. What she said infuriated him he hits her head to the wall and strangled her,for once she thought this was the end of it all she kept gasping for air but it seems it has deserted her, her eyes widens as the door  creeks opens a tear stained and still crying Noori came in and she was shocked at what she sees “leave my Ammi alone, you're a bad man.  I hate you leave my Ammi alone ” she was tugging at Hameed's trousers pulling him away with all her energy.  Her little fingers made little or no effort,  Hameed was sick of the  both of them especially Noori, she was distracting him,  absent mindedly he threw her across the room and she banged  her head on the tiled floor.
The room went silent her sobs were no longer heard and Hameed realizes what he's just done . Jalilah's eyes widen and Hameed turned around to see his daughter in the pool of her own blood.
She struggles to get her feet to her baby “Noori, Noori! Wake up, Ammi wants you to play with her, Noori?  Noori?” it came out more like a question and her suspicions were claimed right.
She looked at him with an unforgiving eye yet a shocked expression “I'll never forgive you for what you've done!”.
**********************************************
A/N: as salaam alaikum warahmatullah wabarakatu beautiful people, I know I haven't published in a while and that is not good. I've been really busy.
Oya back to the book ,what will you do to Hameed if you were in Jalilah's shoes?
I want answers in the comment box and don't forget your votes are very precious .
   Love Zarah 💞