|12|

"You get what you work for,

Not what you wish for. "

❇❇❇❇❇❇❇❇❇

Irene

I could see him in front of me. Bangtan are one table ahead of me, right in line with my eyesight with his back towards me. He probably chose that place.

I knew that we had made a joint decision to keep our interaction to the minimum in front of the camera but this is not right. No matter how much we both disliked the idea of our pictures trending tomorrow, should he do this?

I stared at his back, wishing he could feel my stare, while pretending that I was looking at the stage. Ikon is performing and while I can see Yeri and Wendy bounce in their chairs to the rhythm, I could not focus on anything.

Just then suddenly Bangtan got up one by one and started moving towards the backstage, possibly to get ready for their performance. My eyes followed them till I couldn't see them anymore but I could clearly see a wicked smile on his face.

I huffed and sat back in my chair, crossing my arms.

This insufferable man.

--------------------

As soon as all the encore was announced, one by one all the artists stood up to go up the stage. We had received a bonsang award and we are very thankful for all the fans who supported and helped us come to this level. We walked up the stage and joined the groups meeting their fans when EXO Suho sunbaenim approached us.

Suho sunbaenim was supportive and friendly to us even when we were trainees and before debut he had given us really good advises on how the industry works and how to make best of it. We had seen videos of him dancing to our songs and we never lost any opportunity to thank him.

"Red Velvet congratulations!" He said giving us his best smile and bowing to us. We all congratulated him on behalf on EXO who won Daesang. Seeing a agency sunbae win daesang in award shows was a huge matter of pride and happiness for all us hoobaes.

He started a conversation with Yeri and Joy and Wendy took my arm and dragged me to the other end of the stage where many of our fans were there. A gush of wind flew by us and we both shivered. Since it is January the climate is so cold that our costume was of literally no help to us. We held onto each other and smiled at our fans hoping the time to go backstage will come soon.

I was so absorbed in waving at them that I nearly cursed when Wendy suddenly pinched me on the waist. The jacket I was wearing was so thin that I could feel her nails too.

I turned my head and slightly glared at her only to realize that she was not looking at me. I followed his line of sight and my frown dropped.

Bangtan were down on their knees bowing to their fans on one part of the stage. Their fans were waving the BTS lightstick while some had tears in their eyes. This clearly shows the love that exists between Bangtan and their fans and somehow that touched my heart.

Wendy and I smiled at each other and turned around back. Looking at that moment felt as if we were overlooking a private moment.

Soon the rest of the girls joined us and we were slightly dancing to the final verse of 'Love Me Right' by EXO when I started moving out of the group dancing.

Our styist had given us new shoes and by mistake mine came a size smaller. I had noticed that during the performance and since we did not have an extra that matches the outfit I had decided to just use these one for the time being. I regret not removing them as soon as the performance was over because I can feel that shoe bites had appeared on both the legs.

There was a stinging pain for a while but now it started increasing more severely. Deciding that I shouldn't continue like this, I start walking towards the stage exit.

We were on the extension stage so to go towards the exit I had to walk on a upward inclined platform that connected the main stage and the extension stage. I stood there for a moment considering the fact that if I walk on that passage the shoe-bite will become more severe because of the friction.

Aishh...whatever. Lets get over this.

I start walking biting my lip to cover the intense pain that shot up my right leg. I swallowed my whimper and continued walking. Just then I noticed that Seventeen were making their way towards the narrow passage and my eyes widened. I walked along the right corner of the stage hoping there was enough space for thirteen members to walk by without someone dashing into me.

I kept a smile on my face and stood in my place while they started passing by me. I almost gave out a sigh of relief when the almost half of them passed when another pain shot up my leg and I let out a small whimper, covering my face with my hair and closing my eyes.

Thinking that all of them had passes, I started walking when I felt my leg twist slightly but I managed to walk straight. I slowed down and looked at my feet, only to find out that my white socks were now red near the rims.

I was so focused on the shoes that my body moved to the side voluntarily when I sensed a person running by. My leg stepped on a wire on the side of the stage and I turned around to apologize to the staff below the stage when my body lost its control and I fell forwards.

Before I could completely fall of the stage, one hand caught my wrist while the other found its way on my waist. I was pulled backwards and turned to the right when the person saving me pulled me towards his chest and hugged me.

God...why must this always happen to me?

❇❇❇❇❇❇❇❇❇

A/N

Something like this? Hehehe

Really sorry for the late update!! Had an immediate work to attend to so I couldn't upload.

Thank you for reading!