|25|

Merry Christmas everyone!!

Jin

"Hey."

Silence.

"Are you seriously going to ignore me?"

Silence.

"Yah! Do you know how much I spend on your food annually?"

One glance. Focus on the game. Pout.

"I can probably buy a car with that money, you jerk!"

Fast foot-tapping. More glances.

"Fine the. I'll just give the food to Yoongi. He deserves it more than you."

A shuffle of feet. The packet snatched from my hand. Video game resumed.

I let out a laugh and head towards my room. I had somewhat expected this reaction from our maknae.

A few hours back when my prank on JooHyun was successful executed, I was not lucky enough to evade her wrath. Turns out she was really mad not at the fact that I pranked her but that she din't catch on soon.

Those three hyungs were practically the owners of that place while that lady is the cook. That place is owned by my own brother but he got bored really soon and gave it over to them. They looked after that place ever since.

After getting over her embarrassment and  actually enjoying our little date, I saw a new side of JooHyun. Seeing her laugh so freely, vividly explaining what she likes and dislikes, insisting that usually she catches onto a prank really fast and discreetly admitting about her insecurities playing in her head with her upcoming comeback. 

I stepped into the shower and close my eyes, letting the water soak my hair. Sometimes one conversation with a person can reveal volumes about that person. 

The career we chose for ourselves was not an easy one. Then again, no career is. If one wanted to fulfill their dreams and be successful, he is bound to face some very challenging situations on the way. There is no escaping it, we just have to devise a plan way greater than the difficulty.

Hearing her speak about her fear reminded me of the reality of our situation.

The entire conversation had evoked emotions inside me that were completely foreign to me. The urge to just hug her and never let go, the urge to just promise her that I will forever be by her side, the urge to shield her from the world and its impurities was so strong that at some point it was very difficult for me to breathe. I needed to get out of there fast and for some reason I felt that she needed it too.

While we did decide to just play along with the little ruse, the reality was soon to make a  comeback. We both knew that ignorance is only a bliss until reality comes barging in.

We both were playing a really dangerous game. A game we know we will lose but still played because we wanted to. We know that soon time will come where it will be snatched from us.

What is it, you ask?

I don't know but I am sure of one thing.

I want her. No...I need her.

I had continued to sleep for a while after that, I could hear her sniffle and felt bad that I was pretending to her. I 'woke' up and we ate ramen at the convenience store there and I dropped her home.

Seeing her leave the car and make her way to the door was the toughest. I wanted to run to her but I knew that if I do, I'll end up doing something not favorable. She had gazed at me from her gate and I was stuck to my seat. 

The fire I saw in her eyes today sent a delicious shiver down my spine. The way she looked right in my eyes and exposed her true feelings to me without uttering a word, rendered me speechless.

A knock interrupted my stupor and a voice spoke."Hyung? Are you alright? You have been in the shower for quite a while now..."

Turning the shower off,  I took a towel from the rack and tied it around me. I stepped out of the shower to see Jimin standing there with a small frown on his face.

Bless this child. He always cared so much for others.

Forcing a smile onto my face I was successful multiple times now, I put a hand on his shoulder and squeezed.

"Of course. I just needed a long shower. Don't worry." I assured him.

He visibly relaxed at my words and beamed up at me.

"Glad to hear that. Do you want to eat something, Hyung? I'll warm something up for you." He said, bouncing on his feet. "How about ramen?"

He knew.

Of course he knew. Out of  the people I ever expected to see through me, I knew Jimin would prove difficult. It was like the boy had a distress detector installed in his body. He knew exactly when any of us are stressed or troubled.

But I also appreciated the fact that he was not being nosy and asking me if I was okay. He knows I won't answer him truthfully.

Letting the smile fade slowly, I said, "Its alright, Jimin. I already ate. I'll just go to sleep."

He nodded and carefully made his way out of the door. Before he closed it completely, he poked his head inside again and said, "Hyung, I will be in my room playing games with Tae." He then promptly left the room.

Translation: Hyung, if you need me I am here.

"Thank you, Jimin-ah" I whisper to myself, staring at the closed door.

I let out a sigh and slowly make my way to the closet and shrug on pajamas and slip under my covers.

⚜⚜⚜⚜⚜⚜⚜⚜

A/N

Did you guys watch SBS Gayo Daejun 2019?

1) BTS intro with that pretty little girl and them acting like santa for her was so adorable. The first time they performed carols and they rocked it! And the end of the show performance, I literally have no words. Just WOW.

2) Wendy got injured during rehearsals and was rushed to the hospital immediately.

P.S Psycho snatched my wig.

Also,
I was thinking of another story that runs parallel to this story. It will be about J-hope. What do you guys think about it? Should I go ahead?

Happy Holidays!