|16|

❇❇❇❇❇❇❇❇

My dream is not to become the best. 

It's to become someone I'm not ashamed to be.

-SHINee Key

❇❇❇❇❇❇❇❇

Jin

"Yah! Why do you keep saying no to your hyung?" I scolded Jimin, coming out of his room.

"Ani Hyung, why do you want to come with me?" Jimin grumbled under his breath, following me, "It's not like I am a kid. I can go there myself."

"Jimin-ah even manager hyung is not coming with you. I will be there to keep you safe." I say.

"If I wanted protection, I would have asked Jungkookie to come with me. Why do you want to go?" He asks, doubtfuly.

At his name Jungkook got up from the sofa where he was laying down and turned to look at us. Taehyung who was playing games on the TV turned to us too. Hoseok had left a while back to go meet his sister. Yoongi is at the Kitchen table scribbling something on a piece of paper while Namjoon  sat opposite him reading a book. Both of them did not pay us any attention but I knew they were listening.  

We have a free day today so we were allowed to go wherever we want today without the managers. I was initially planning to just stay home and play with odengie when I heard where Jimin is going and my plans changed.

"Hyung, where are you going?" Jungkook asked before I could.

"SM. To meet Kai and Taemin Hyung." Jimin explained before turning to Namjoon. "Hyung! tell Jin hyung to stop troubling me. He insists on coming with me."

I cross my arms and scowl. Is he complaining on me?

"Hyung. He's not a kid. Let him go." Namjoon said not lifting his head from his book. "You've never stopped us before why are you doing this now?" 

Jimin turned and gave me a smirk and punched his fist in the air letting out a sharp 'yes!'. He turned to leave when Yoongi's words stopped him.

"Jimin-ah! Take Jin Hyung with you." Yoongi said quitely and Jimin's jaw dropped.

I jumped in joy and do a small celebratory dance. Before anyone can say anything I gather my coat and wallet before dragging a whining Jimin out with me. 

"Yoongi-ah! Saranghae!"

===========

"Ah! Now I know why are you are accompanying me Hyung. So that you can drive me there right?" Jimin says getting comfortable in his seat. "Aigoo. What a nice Hyung you are."

We are in the car right now. Jimin was initially planning to take a taxi before I reminded him that I can drive.

Stupid boy, Does he not know how risky taking a taxi in broad daylight is?

I smile at him and say nothing, letting him think that way. Soon I pull into the SM building driveway and park the car.

We put on our masks and get out of the car. Jimin and I greet Taemin's manager waiting for us and then leads us inside the building.

Once we enter the floor where artists practice room is located, my eyes search for one name plate and a face.

There are many trainees in the floor but not many artists. We spot NCT who greet us once they recognize us and we do the same.

My eyes go back to their searching while my body reluctantly trails behind Jimin.

Where is her practice room?

When Jimin's plan to visit SM was revealed, I realized this is the perfect way to meet her without being weird.

It's been days since we spoke because of our busy schedule. They were preparing for their comeback while we were busy with recording the two new songs.

We turn at a corner and I finally see a room labelled as 'Red Velvet'. I sneak a glace at Jimin who was busy talking to Taemin's manager and quitely sneak away from the group.

Standing in front of the door, I pause. Is it right to just go in there without informing? Knocking is also useless because the music is loud inside. I doubt anyone will even hear it.

Before more questions pop in my mind, I open the door and quitely step inside the room.

The five girls are dancing to the music being played while the back-up dancers and other staff are all standing with their back to the door. I doubt anyone even noticed me entering the room.

I rest my back against the door and my eyes are instantly attracted towards the reason I came here.

Admiration and respect fills me when I see her practice. The song being played is an old SM artist song that they must be covering. I bop my head to the music while I watch them.

JooHyun may be shy and cute off stage but when she is performing there is a fire in her eyes that I doubt anyone can douse. Her dance moves and expressions render me speachless.

As expected, Red Velvet Leader.

They hit the ending pose and everyone claps for them while the girls lean on a wall to catch their breath.

Deciding this is the right timing to reveal myself, I took a step forward when I noticed something.

One man from the front of the crowd stood up from his chair and ran to the girls clapping. He congratulated the younger ones with a handshake and a pat on the back. Seulgi ignored his hand and turned away, rolling her eyes but that did not stop him.

Finally he came towars JooHyun and my eyes widened when he din't go for a handshake like I expected.

Instead, He. Hugged. Her. and spined her around. And what made me more irritated was the fact that she was laughing as he let out a 'JooHyun-ah!'.

I clenched my teeth and watched as he put her down and brushed her affectionately.

"Ah! Oppa! Not my hair." She whined but a smile was present on her face. One that I have never seen her give me.

The word 'Oppa' out of her mouth was enough to break the thin string of patience I had.

What the hell?!

❇❇❇❇❇❇❇❇❇

Hope you liked it!