Don't Say You Do - to Spain

By: Lola Blanc

SpainPhil

Unedited
Warning!
Trope ahead!

╬╬═════════════╬╬

╬╬═════════════╬╬

Philip stood with poise, elegance and an angelic smile on his face. Tonight he prepared everything to be special, adorning himself with a hint of lipgloss, and wearing the velvet heels his husband got for him. And to be at his utmost behavior to avoid embarrassing him. The filipino greeted his husband's governor generals surrounding his branches of colonies, shaking their hands and giving them a warm welcome. He is Spain's little wife, he can't afford weakness. He is here to stand and be a part of his powerful image: the conqueror, the king and happily married to a wild flower like him. With their matching rings that they only ever wear for public functions, as well as their public display of affection. The once symbol of their undying love became a simple tool of display.

Days, months , years went by, Spain's affection changed over time. From the never-ending grateful days they wake up next to each other, to how they wake up on either side of the bed. From the kisses that's full of teeth, tongue and lips that, take, take, take. To the barely swipe of their lips. From the way Spain's amber orbs glisten in happiness and content when Philip is tucked in his arms, to the occasional physical intimacy. Why did he let himself be swept away by his candycoated words? Was he desperate for love? Too desperate? No, he's just a simple fool, who believed a complete stranger that he can overcome everything with a significant other. A fool who can't seem to learn to stand for himself and to what he symbolizes.

For years of being married and living with him, he never picked up their language, except for a few basic greetings. He never felt the enthusiasm to learn about it even though he's a curious person at heart. Living with him in his expansive home, made him nothing but a doll for decoration. He misses his homeland, he misses the simple things that could make him happy. Despite his wishful thoughts, he stayed beside his husband. Philip loving him wholeheartedly, to earn his heart and soul once again, like he did when he was courting the pearl. He even tried changing his perspective of ruling. But Gold, God, and Glory was everything meant for Spain.

The filipino balled his fists until his knuckles turned white, he sucks in a painful breath and loosens his grip. What is he thinking? Tonight is a special night. There's no room for negative thoughts.

He glanced at his side and saw Spain approaching him with glasses of white wine in both of his hands. The filipino greeted him with his ever loving smile.

"For you mi amor," his amber eyes softens as he hands over the other beverage.

"Thank you my love," the Spaniard leaned closer and stole a quick peck to his wife's lips that granted this action. The orient pearl had the urge to look around, to see who's he performing for, but he decided not to. Philip took a good sip, carefully not to ruin his lipgloss.