eight | what are you doing?

song of the chapter: fake love - bts (piano cover)

-

Today's shift at Gina's was packed, maybe because it is 9pm on a Friday night. I settle the food on the tray for table 5 and begin my trek around the diner. When I arrive, I set down the food for the family.

"Thank you." the little girl says and I smile at her. She's so precious.

"You're welcome, if you need anything else please let me know." I smile, bowing to them before leaving.

Seokjin comes to my side as soon as I re-enter the kitchen. He taps my shoulder.

"There's a guy that wants you to give him his order," he gives me the bag of food, "it's a take-out order."

A guy? It can't be Jimin or Taehyung because they rarely get take-out orders.

"Fine. Where is he?" I turn to see the customers.

Seokjin points with his index finger towards the guy: the guy I know perfectly. It is Jungkook, with his leather jacket and white button up shirt. Oh well...

I can't say no, this is my job. He knows what he's doing, that little–

I take a deep breath and walk up to him, he stops looking at his phone and smirks at me.

"Here's your order. Thank you for ordering from Gina's, have a great night." I try to escape as soon as I finish my sentence, but he stops me.

His hand grasps my wrist lightly, "At what time does your shift end?" he asks.

I turn to him, ignoring the stares of all the girls that are fawning over him, "That is personal information that I'm not allowed to give to customers," I answer, "I have to attend other customers–"

"I'll wait." he hasn't let go of my wrist.

"What?" I ask him, not sure of what he meant.

He smiles, "I'll wait until you finish your shift," he lifts the bag showing it to me, "and we'll eat these burgers together in my car."

Everyone in the diner all collectively swoons over him.

He's unbelievable, truly.

Without any other words to say, I huff and return to my job.

"He's so dreamy." I hear someone say as I walk to the kitchen, fuming in anger.

-

True to his word, he waits. After a few minutes my shift ends and I finish closing up with Namjoon and Seokjin, while his car still stays in the parking lot.

Namjoon nudges my shoulder as we stay outside, in front of the entrance of Gina's, "You didn't tell me you had a boyfriend."

I widen my eyes, "He's not my boyfriend, Joon. He's Bree's." I respond.

Seokjin chuckles, tossing the keys inside his backpack before turning to Namjoon and I, "You mean to tell me, Bree is his girlfriend?" he asks, astonished.

I nod before jogging up to his black mustang, "Yeah. I'll see you guys later."

I'm doing this for Bree. I'm doing this for Bree. I'm doing this for Bree.

I tap on the window, he's fast asleep. Cute–no don't even start.

He gets startled and opens the passenger seat from the inside of the car. I open the door and step inside.

"You came." He replies hopeful, and with a hint of gratefulness on his voice.

I reply what I've been saying in my head, "Well, I'm doing this for Bree. She sent you to get me so we can catch up, right?" I ask him.

I know Bree.

Jungkook blinks, somewhat amused that I guessed the real motive to why he was here, "How did you–"

"She's like a sister to me, I know her very well." I let him know.

He nods before beginning to drive.

The ride is silent, until I start to notice that he isn't taking me home. We're going somewhere else.

"What are you doing?" I ask as I turn to him.

He keeps his head on the road, but answers nonetheless, "I'm taking you somewhere."

I scoff, "I know that."

He takes a turn and stops.

My vision turns from him to the front of the car. I gaze in awe, the stars fill every piece of the night sky. They twinkle endlessly, never ending. It was beautiful.

"We're here." he announces as he parks the car.

"It's–"

"I take it that you've never gone stargazing." Jungkook smiles before handing me a burger with fries.

I take the burger and fries, silently eating. I ignore the way he gazes at me occasionally, causing my heart to beat rapidly.

"Stop that." I tell him, eating a piece of the cheese burger.

He swallows before speaking, "Stop what?"

I point at him with a fry, circling imaginatively his face from a distance, "You're doing that look again."

Genuinely confused, he stops eating and asks, "What look?"

"The one that you did when we were together." I lowered my voice, afraid of saying it out loud: of admitting it. That stare still made me forget everything.

The air turned tense after what I said. Jungkook plays some music on, before resuming to his food. We stay silent and soon we finish eating.

"Thank you." he wipes his face with a napkin, and takes the trash, putting it on a plastic bag.

I furrow my eyebrows, "For what?"

"Thank you for spending time with me."