thirty | deal

song of the chapter: -

-

It's 3 am, that's what my clock reads when I stare at it. My phone's ringtone dings loudly which had startled me. I stretch on my bed before searching for my phone on my night table.

"Hi?" I ask groggily, my eyes closing on their own.

I hear a sigh, "Baby, I know its too late and you're most likely sleeping-"

"Guk, its fine. What's wrong?" I respond kindly after hearing he despair in his voice.

"Sorry baby, listen," I hear him clear his throat, "Bree called."

I sit up rapidly, heart thumping against my chest, "What? But you blocked her so she's not able to call you."

"I know, but she called from another number so many times that I had to answer either way." He explained.

I sigh, "What did she say?"

"She apologized for everything, again, and then told me that she really is pregnant-"

"Did she just call to tell you that-"

Then, the words that comes out of Jungkook's mouth shock me.

"With Jean's baby, she's pregnant with Jean's kid."

-

The sound of the engine fills the space inside his car, where we are both silently holding our hands.

"He doesn't want to take care of the kid and is obligating her to not keep the baby." Jungkook explains.

After our call, I had told him it would be better to speak about the subject in person. That's why he came at 4 am to my house and currently sat with me in his car.

I furrow my eyebrows, "How do we know she's not lying?"

"I don't know, Dae." He holds my hand lightly tighter and I caress his knuckles, calming him down.

An idea pops into my mind. Jean, he could tell us the truth.

"We could ask Jean about it, see what he says," I pause, "and if it turns out to be real, then she's telling the truth."

Jungkook chuckles, "I'm not speaking to that guy, never again."

"Which is why you could give me his number, and we can call him," I sigh, "I will do the talking."

Jungkook nods before turning to me, taking my face in his hands and pacing his lips over mine.

He smiles after we part from our kiss, "I love you, so much."

I smile too, "I love you."

But before we can continue our kiss, Jimin's voice startles us.

"What a ride!" He chuckles.

Jungkook looks at him at the back, "Hyung?" He asks.

"What are you doing here?" I ask, startled.

"I saw this dude here leave at early hours in the morning, so I decided to sneak in and see where the hell he was going at this hour," he reasons, "but now I know where."

Jungkook sighs before speaking, "Please don't speak about what your heard me say regarding Bree to anyone, hyung."

Jimin funds his fingers on his lips as a sign of a zipper being shut, "My lips are sealed, but I would like to propose something."

"And that is?" I ask.

"I can talk to Jean for you, since he doesn't know who I am," Jimin explains, "it would be better for both of you. We can call him during classes tomorrow."

Jungkook looks at me before we both nod.

"Deal. We're calling him tomorrow."