twenty-five | baby

song of the chapter: elastic heart - sia

-

The car stops and both of us stay silent. None of us say a word. Our hands are intertwined. My mind is going through the any things my cousin said. Also, how did she find that diary that I had buried down in my past for years?

"We're here." He says.

We arrived back at Jimin's place. There is no way that I will go back home for the night, my parents also insisted that I stayed at Jimin's.

I nod as I start unbuckling my seatbelt and start opening the door, but I'm interrupted when Jungkook stops me as he hugs me tightly.

My hands come up to his back, trembling. There, I let out everything that I've been keeping inside. I let out every single feeling of sorrow, rage and anger. The cries continue coming out oof my mouth as I hug him.

My cousin who I thought was more than just family, a best friend, has now showed who she really is. To her, I'm a thief who takes everything and everyone she wants. To Bree, I'm a danger.

Jungkook stops embracing me, but places his hands on my face, "I will protect you, Dae."

"I will always protect you."

-

Tossing and turning all night has led to this, I open my eyes with no inch of sleep as Jimin chucks a pillow at my face.

"Good morning to you." I say sarcastically as I sit up, stretching.

I hear both chuckles of Jimin and Taehyung who currently sit on the dinner table. Jungkook nowhere in sight.

Taehyung answers my thoughts rapidly, "He's still sleeping."

"I wish, but I couldn't sleep last night." I hear his voice as he jogs down the stairs, smiling at me when he sees me.

He sits down on the couch beside me, patting my head, "Did you sleep well?"

"Couldn't sleep either." I say groggily.

Jungkook nods before helping me up. I stand and almost fall off my balance but he holds me by my waist, "Clumsy baby." I hear him mumble and my cheeks get red.

I immediately do the first thing in my mind and slightly push him, "I should go w-wash, yeah." I say as I jog up the stairs and go through the hallway until I find the bathroom and close the door.

I stand with my back against the door and try to settle my breathing, but his words go through my mind.

Clumsy baby.

Baby.

As I wash my face and get ready, I smile. A few minutes go by but I just stare at myself in the mirror.

At least I look kind of presentable.

"Dae! Can you hurry up? I need to use the bathroom." Taehyung's voice startles me.

I open the door without letting him know, causing him to stumble from the doorframe.

A chuckle escapes from my lips as I let him in.

I pat his  back as I get out of the bathroom.

Just as I go down the stairs I see both Jimin and Jungkook talking at the dinner table.

"-yeah but we should take the kids on the annual trip after the show case, hyung!" Jungkook says, trying to convince Jimin.

Jimin nods, "I'll arrange it with Hoseok hyung, Guk."

Jungkook smiles before covering his ears in excitement, a habit he's had since I've known him.

I sit down besides Jungkook as I start serving my food.

"You're planning a trip for the kids?" I ask both of them.

They nod.

Jimin takes a sip of his orange juice before speaking, "Yeah, it's part of the annual trip we do but Jungkook wants to take the parents and kids together."

Suddenly, Jimin stays silent but realizes something.

"Dae?" He calls for me.

I look up from my food, "What?" I ask.

Jimin scratches his head, "We need another mentor for the trip," he pauses, "would you like to come?" he asks.

Jungkook slightly nudges me, "I could take you with me, as my plus one," his cheeks redden, "if you want to."

I become a blushing mess as I nod, "I would like that."

Jimin chuckles as Taehyung comes in.

"Tone it down lovebirds," Taehyung sits down, "some of us want to eat in peace." he jokes as he starts eating his food.

We all laugh as we continue eating. Conversations spur out in the moment. Finally, I can say I feel safe and protected. My two friends and the person who I love, make me feel like nothing bad will happen; like everything is just fine.

But we all know that deep down, things are not fine.