twenty-three | take on me

song of the chapter: take on me - acoustic version

-

"Honey."

"Dae—she's not waking up, why is she sleeping on the couch?"

"Wake up, Dae."

I groan at the feeling of someone shaking me. Only to realize, almost dozing off, that my mother is the one trying to wake me up.

Then I remember that Jungkook is sleeping on the couch with me.

I sit up rapidly, startling my mom. I start feeling cold in my side. Looking to my left, I realize that Jungkook is nowhere to be seen.

He left.

"Mom." I say as I sigh, passing my hands through my face.

She has her hands on her hips, "Care to explain why you were sleeping on the couch when you have a room upstairs?" she inquires.

Nodding I try to explain, "I wanted to try something new, I guess."

Yeah, that's a good excuse.

No it's not.

"Yeah right. Anyway," mom says, "your father is running errands so I'm going to go out for a jog."

Nodding I stand up and hug her. Occasionally I try to show affection to my parents. They mean everything to me.

"Love you. Call me if anything, I'm going to wash up and eat something." I tell her, embracing her.

My mom hugs me, patting my back as she leaves a kiss on my hair.

I watch her leave before I start walking to the bathroom. Before I do, the door bell rings.

I furrow my eyebrows.

Who might it be?

Sighing I walk toward the door, standing before it.

"Who is it?" I ask.

I hear a silence before the person starts speaking, "It's me."

I form my hands into fists, concealing my anger.

Bree's here. She's possibly looking for Jungkook.

"Jungkook's not here–"

"I'm not here for him, please open the door. I need to talk to you." she begs, her voice breaking.

I maintain the silence.

Bree pleads, "Dae-Dae, I need someone to talk to. You haven't responded to my calls or texts. I'm sorry–"

"There's someone else who you should be apologizing to," I say sharply, "not me. Now if you excuse me I'm going to wash up." I respond.

"Dae! Are you taking his side?" she asks, her tone of voice switching to an accusatory one.

I chuckle, "What you did is wrong." I state.