thirty-one | mistakes

song of the chapter: when the party's over - billie eilish (idk why Wattpad is not showing the videos...)

-

"Jihoon hurry up! He'll call in any second." Mom says to dad as she sits beside me on the couch, we have the laptop on the table in front of us.

My dad comes with a tray of cupcakes and hands it to us before sitting beside my mom and I.

Just as he sits, my brother's face comes to view in the laptop. Mom starts clapping and dad smiles at the sight of his son.

"Lee!" I exclaim as I see him.

My brother smiles before settling his camera and sitting down on the office chair, "Guys, I really miss you all." he says.

"Miss you too son, how are you?" My dad asks him, eating one of the cupcakes.

My dad is crazy for sweets.

Lee sighs but covers it up with a smile, "I'm fine," but then shakes his head, "Mandy and I are going through a rough patch right now, but I'm fine."

"Are you guys fighting?" Mom asks, concerned.

Lee nods, "I moved into an apartment while things settle down," he responds passing his hand through his light brown locks, "and I'm about to ask for a few weeks of vacation."

Mom nods, "That's good baby, you need a vacation for work."

My brother smiles, "Yeah, that's why I'm going to see you guys, and I am going to bring Kino with me."

And that's when the three of us scream in happiness, knowing that we will soon see Lee and his oldest son Kino soon. My brother and my nephew are coming home for a few weeks. Finally.

-

The silence reigns between us three as we sit on a bench, Jimin's hand grasps the phone. Three rings are heard before a voice we all know well answers.

"Hi?" Jean asks, not knowing the number.

"Is this Jean?" Jimin asks.

"Y-yeah, who's this?" Jean responds, he stutters at the beginning.

Jimin chuckles, "I'm a friend of someone who knows you but that's not important right now," he pauses, "is it true that you'll have a baby soon?" Jimin inquires, staring at Jungkook and I.

I start biting my nails in nervousness. There's only two things that could happen: he hangs up or he insults the living daylights out of Jimin which could result in him hanging up.

"How did you–you know Bree?" Jean asks.

My heart stops. So it's true...

Bree is pregnant with his baby.

Jimin sighs ignoring Jean's question, "Tell me, why don't you want Bree to keep the baby?" Jimin responds.

Jean responds quickly, "That's between Bree and I, but if you really want to know well, I just don't want to take care of it," he says angrily, "anyway, I don't even know you and you shouldn't be inside people's business."