twenty-seven| lied

song of the chapter: lies - marina & the diamonds

-

I intertwine my hands as I stare at the woman before me. We both stay silent as we stare deadly at each other. The clock ticks as the minutes go by one by one. I really don't know why she wants to speak with me, after what she's said.

"I think I'm pregnant," she pauses, "with Jungkook's baby."

Jungkook's baby?

His baby.

I gulp, trying to stop the tears from coming out, to appear calm, "H-how do you know it is his baby?" I ask lightly.

Bree sighs, "The last time we did it was last month."

"Then what about when Jungkook found you and Jean?" I inquire.

"We were about to but stopped when he came and found out about us." She admitted, bitting her lips in nervousness.

"Have you told him?" I ask.

Bree nods her head, "He told me not to tell anyone, especially you."

I look down at my hands, playing with them. He doesn't trust me anymore, after he was so happy with me; after everything was okay.

He does not trust me.

Bree takes my hands and makes me look up to her, "I need your help, I am so sorry for what I said back at our house," her eyes filled with tears, "please help me."

Family is family after all, right? It is moments like this when families must have each other's backs. But I simply cannot fathom to understand the situation.

"Bree, I don't know how I can help you." I tell her honestly.

"Help me get him back!" She exclaims as she shakes my hands lightly.

Even if he doesn't trust me anymore, I love him. How can I help him go back to her?

I shake my head, "Bree."

She gets out of the booth and kneels in front of my side, "Please, Dae-Dae. I want my baby to have a family, like we do."

Do we have a family? After all the insults I received from her, I didn't think so before. Now I do, she came back and asked for my help after all. That's what family is.

The clients at the diner stare at us, I make her stand up, "Okay, I will help you."

I will leave aside my feelings for him, just for the sake of a baby's future life with a family.

-

Jungkook
Hi! Are you at campus?

Jungkook
???

Jungkook
I saw that you are reading my messages.

Jungkook
Did I do something or is this your idea of a prank?

I stare at the messages as they keep coming, but I lock my phone as I ignore Jungkook for more than a week. Yes, it has been a week since I received the news and I have not processed the new normality between him and I. Now there's a baby in between, its different.

I clench my fists around the backpack strap as I walk to my class. It was hard trying to avoid him throughout the day, but I think I have succeeded.

Or so I thought.

I am pulled into an empty classroom by my wrist. I turn around, ready to smack the person who pulled me but I stop.

"You're avoiding me." He says defeated.

I take in a deep breath, "So what if I am?"

He takes a step closer, but I back up.

"Have I done something?" He asks me, pulling his hair frustratingly.

I scoff, "Why don't you ask Bree and your baby?" I let out.

Jungkook furrows has eyebrows, "Baby, what baby?"

"You aren't fooling me, Jungkook." I say coldly.

"I have no idea what you are talking about, Dae." He retorts.

I shake my head, trying to calm myself before I burst out but I cannot.

"Bree is pregnant and she thinks that you might be the father of her baby, but you already know about that. Plus she asked me to help her win you over." I say, my voice cracking at the end.

He takes another step towards me, taking my face in his hands, "I didn't know, Dae. I would never keep something from you," he admits, "its impossible for me to be the father of her baby."

"Why?" I ask, my tears in my eyes.

"Because, there was never a moment where we did more than making out." Jungkook says sternly.

I widen my eyes.

"B-but she-"

"Lied to you, so you could start losing your trust in me. But I promise you that I would never hurt you at all, I promise." He finishes for me.

No more hurting.

No more crying.

But most importantly, no more lies between us.

I stare at him, my heart telling me something. My heart urging me to kiss his lips.

So I do.

Pulling him by the collar of his leather jacket, I pull his lips to mine. They both intertwine in a dance like no other. Our lips fitting like puzzle pieces. Goosebumps run through my system as he pulls me by my waist, he caresses the skin beneath my shirt and I sigh into his lips.

We pull away, looking into each other.

"No one could ever make me feel like you do." Jungkook whispers into my lips before putting his lips on mine once more.

No one could ever make me feel like he does, too.

No one can ever replace him in my life, no one.