Chapter Four - The Past

Bryce now has one month left until he gets out. I am beyond excited. I know he is, too. That's all we talk about. This means that I only have 3 visits left before he is a free man. The day that I have planned for him. He says he has been talking to the police and they said that it's not confirmed yet, but if he continues his reign of being good, he would be getting out a week earlier. This is something I can definitely look forward to! I miss my sweet baby so much. The sooner the better. That means he better continue to have his good behavior.
Cassy and I are talking about mine and Bryce's conversations. I'm planning a welcome home party for him with the help of Mark and Cassy. There's no confirmed date on when because we don't know if he will be getting out a week earlier or if he will be doing his full sentence.
My phone goes off. It's an unknown number but somehow, it looks familiar.
Person: are you busy?
Me: who is this?
Person: I'm actually not surprised that you would delete my number.
Well it makes sense why the number looks familiar to me. I once had the number saved. So who could it be?
Person: this is Antonio. Did you forget about me?
I don't say anything but I will admit that I am curious to know what he wants.
Antonio: why did you never tell me about Bryce getting arrested? We could've been together, worry free.
Me: I am back together with Bryce.
Antonio: you must have some kind of kink for abuse. It's not cute nor funny. He can really hurt you one day.
Me: Antonio, get to your point.
Antonio: there's really no point in continuing this conversation if you're back with Bryce. He was right, no one will ever have you like he has you.
Antonio: don't worry, I'll delete your number from my phone.
I tell Cassy about Antonio just randomly texting me and showed her the messages. She said it's strange but at least he deleted my number. I don't need him ruining my relationship. I'll be letting Bryce know about this so that our trust isn't messed up.

—Saturday—

I would usually feel mortified to tell Bryce something like this but I actually feel comfortable and confident in my decision in letting him know that Tony had texted me.
Once again, I go through the usual process to visit Bryce. He comes in with his same gorgeous smile, it's so brightening to see his face and his smile. I love how happy he looks. His happiness is my happiness.
I start telling him about how Tony had texted me and there's no angry reaction. He's showing no sign of anger which is a good thing.
He says "did you know that Tony had raped this one guy's little sister? That's why this dude is in here. He beat the shit out of Tony." I believe I've dodged a bullet by being stand-offish with him. It's very hypocritical of him that he would throw it in my face that Bryce had hit me when he's raped a girl.
He tells me about how he's proud of me for being distant to Tony. The past can definitely come creeping up on you but it's your choice to let it consume you or leave it in the past.