Chapter Fifteen - Oh Baby

It's the day of our appointment. I can't wait to see our baby.
Bryce and I are getting ready for our appointment. I put on a maternity dress so that it's easier to slip on.
We're at the clinic waiting for our turn. This woman who looks like she's about to pop, gets called by a different nurse. I wonder what appointments are like for the further along women.
Nurse Jackie called me in and did the usual routine. We waited for Dr Tulip after Nurse Jackie left. After about 5 minutes, Dr Tulip came in and greeted us.
Dr Tulip "everything still looks great with the blood tests and urine samples. Let's check the heartbeat and then we will take you to the ultrasound room."
She rubs the cold gel on my stomach and we hear the heartbeat. It's always so amazing to hear that heartbeat.
Dr Tulip "baby has a strong and healthy heartbeat, about 155. I predict a baby girl but we will see!"
Bryce smiles, his feeling of having a girl is now much stronger.
Dr Tulip walks us to the ultrasound room and says "I'll meet y'all back in the room after y'all finish."
The doctor at the ultrasound machine says "let's see how the baby is doing." He seems a little drained. Must have been here all day or didn't get enough sleep.
The doctor takes pictures of different body parts. The feet, the whole body, the face profile and the gender.
He says "would y'all like to know what you're having?"
We shake our heads and he tells us.

—6 months along—

I'm now in my sixth month of pregnancy. Every day is day that we get closer to meeting our baby. We have everything planned out for what we're gonna do for the reveal.
We call everyone to invite them over. It'll be the end of this month. We are gonna have fun that day.
I've gotten a little bit bigger. We love looking at the ultrasound photos. I miss our angel baby so much but rainbow baby will carry every quality that angel had. We will never forget our angel.