Chapter Twelve - Pregnancy Journey pt 1

I'm almost into my 3rd month of pregnancy. Hopefully the nauseous feeling goes away soon. I've only throw up a handful of times when I forget to snack in between meals. I'm actually surprised that I've made it this far. Baby 1 was around 10 weeks when God took it from us, here I am almost 11 weeks.
Bryce has been beyond helpful towards me. Even though I'm not on bed rest, he still doesn't want me to do anything. He will let me just so that I don't grow bored but he'd rather do it all himself. He's God sent.
"What are we gonna do to announce the pregnancy to our friends and family" Bryce asks me, thinking about different ideas. I say "we could have a dinner. After everyone finishes eating, we bring out a cake for dessert and on the cake is the ultrasound". Bryce smiles and continues on with "and we can have a little loading symbol above the ultrasound that says we are in our third month colored and the rest of the bar is empty since we haven't got that far yet." This is an amazing idea. I say "so when are we doing to do this? I enter my third month in 2 weeks." Bryce says "well we have another check up appointment next week, we can make the cake order that morning and have them set it for the Saturday after next week."
I still can't believe that we've come this far.

—character view; Bryce Manning—

It is so hard to not tell anyone about us expecting our first, technically second, baby. I should probably call my parents and see if we can hash things out so that we can invite them. I miss my parents so much. I hate that they've been out of my life for so long. I know they aren't proud of me but they have to forgive me eventually, if not they should at least come around long enough to know that they will be grandparents. I can't grandbaby trap them into coming around but I hope that a baby can make them want to come around so they can know our baby.
I call my mom, I'm so glad that she answered.
Me: hey, mom. How are you doing?
Mom: We are good. What made you decide to call?
Me: I was wondering if we could talk. I miss my parents.
Mom: oh, honey, we love and miss you too.
It seems that they are over the passed.
Me: Kimberly and I are gonna have a cookout at our house Saturday, the 17th. We were hoping that y'all would come.
Mom: of course, Bryce.
We hang up and I feel a huge relief that they will be available to come for our huge baby announcement.
I called Mark and Luke to let them know that they're invited to our cookout. Kimmy called her parents, Cassy and Alana to invite them. So far, everyone is available to come. This is actually exciting. Everyone will be here for this announcement.
And on the plus side, she will be ending her first trimester a month after the announcement. The second trimester is when the miscarriage rate drops lower. I just pray that we make it through all 9 months.

—1 week later—
——character view; Kimberly Scott——

It's the day of our baby doctor appointment. We are 3 months in. All I can do is pray for the best news. I hope the jellybean's heartbeat is good. I can't shake the craving I have for s'mores. It has been sounding amazing for several days now. I wonder if it's okay for me to snack on some before the appointment. I'm sure one sweet thing wouldn't hurt the baby. Maybe it's best that we wait till we get to the doctor so that we can ask Dr Tulip if it's okay. She never specified on this.
Bryce helps me into the pickup so that I don't struggle getting in. I don't even have a baby bump yet but it's better safe than sorry.
We check in and wait for nurse Jackie to call us in. They're typically quick. We wait about 5 minutes and nurse Jackie calls us in and does the routine check on me and asks for us to wait for Dr Tulip.
Dr Tulip is fairly quick, as well. They aren't a very busy OBGyn clinic. She comes in and talks about the baby and checks the heartbeat. Everything's good. Dr Tulip asks "so do y'all have any questions for me before y'all leave?" I ask "is it okay for me to have sweets?" Dr Tulip smiles and says "of course, you can eat sweets but try to limit what you're eating. A baby consumes everything you eat. A healthy mama is a healthy baby."
After we leave the clinic, we head to the grocery store to place the cake order.
Bakery worker says "hello, anything we can help you with?" And we tell her how we want this ultrasound picture on the cake with a loading symbol above signaling that we are only 3 months in. She smiles and sketches out our idea, it looks perfect. I didn't know that they show a visualize representation of what the cake would look like. I say "I didn't know y'all drew the ideas out" and the worker said "oh no sweetie, I'm an artist. I'd do anything to draw, they see me drawing y'all's idea out and can't say anything". This is where the work smart, not hard phrase comes into play. Shes genius. She's about 17, so young and full of hope. She's chubby and you can see the self love and confidence radiating off of her. You can see the genuine feelings in her smile, she's not faking a smile, when she smiles, she's showing how happy she really is. I'm sure she has hard days just like the rest of us because she knows she isn't perfect and it's okay to cry. She says "honey, I'm no genius but I can tell that you're reading me like I'm reading you." She's some kind of mind reader?! If so, that's cool!
We go ahead and buy everything needed for our dinner next weekend. We grab potatoes, cilantro, sour cream, butter, and bacon bits for baked potatoes. We grab steaks and seasoning. We grab honey bbq baked beans. Everything looks so good and pregnant me is wanting it all now.