Chapter Nineteen - Dreamland

Bryce calls our moms. As we are waiting for them, he kisses my forehead and says "we've got this, babe."
I don't feel the contractions. I also don't feel the pressure that they keep asking about. I feel painless. I'm good. I'm hungry, but I'm okay. These ice chips aren't appetizing but it will do. All this pain will be worth it. This is like a dreamland.
Dr Tulip cuts me out of my imaginative world and says "I'm just gonna break your water." I thought I would feel that but I don't. Why am I so painless? I didn't even know she broke my water until I saw her leave. I'm at a 7.5 so I'm getting close.
Our moms come in together and I can't tell if they're nervous or excited. They seem to have mixed emotions.
Dr Tulip came back in 2 hours and said that she's gonna check. As she's doing that, she pops her head up and says "she's crowning so baby girl is ready to come".
Dr Tulip gets 3 nurses in the room with me. One is helping coach me through the delivery. One has my left leg, Bryce has my right. And the other is just standing by. Our moms are taking pictures of the whole delivery, even on my phone so I can have the memories.
1..2..3..push
1..2..3..push
1..2..3..push
Dr Tulip "one more time!"
1..2..3..push
Cries and screams of a newborn have filled the room within 5 minutes of pushing and Dr Tulip handed her to me. Pictures are taken of us by our moms. The nurse on standby asked for her to get her weighed and said "she's 7 pounds 4 ounces and she's exactly 18 inches long." They take pictures of all that, even pictures of the nurse bathing her.
This has been such a breathtaking experience. I'm so in love. We are so in love. Everly Ann Manning is absolutely beautiful.