XXIV.

CHAE

'Renjun.' I turned to him.
'Yes?' he said, mixing the rice.
'Sorry.' I sighed. 'I'm sorry for offending you earlier saying I can't imagine you being nice.'
Renjun stopped mixing for a moment and just stared at the bowl in front of him. Then he looked at me. 'Did you suddenly change your mind or wanted to tell this for a long time?'
'I always felt guilty but..' I hesitated. I don't wanna hurt him. But why would I lie? I known to be a honest bitch when it's about opinions. 'If you wanna know you really changed my mind today and yesterday night.'
To my biggest surprise, Renjun started smiling. He tried to hide it by turning away and quickly made a serious expression. 'I appreciate it, thank you.'
I stepped close to him and hit his arm with my elbow while smiling. 'A rare moment of Yang Chaeeun saying sorry, huh? Enjoy it while you can.'
He laughed and shook his head then looked at me, tilting his head. 'You're weird, you know? But in a good way.'
I nodded. 'I know right. That's why I avoid people.'
'Just like me.' he gave me a sad smile.
I offered my hand. 'Forget the old things?'
'Forget the old things.' He smiled and shook my hand.
Renjun tried to sidestep me and walk to the fridge, but tripped in me and fall down, taking me with himself.
'Ah!' I screamed and the next thing I felt was Renjun's body on the floor, under me.
'Oh, I-I'm sorry.' he mumbled.
I looked at his face which was only inches away from mine. I observed and noted in mind every little features of his handsome face.
Then I did something that even I can't explain why.
As I looked into his beautiful, brown eyes with the light dots, reminding me of the night sky, I said out what I was thinking since the first day we met.
'Would you dare to kiss me?' I whispered looking at his lips.
Renjun started caressing my cheek and smirked. 'What if I say yes?'
I shrugged my shoulders and smiled. It felt right. Everything felt right at that moment.
He leaned closer to me and I almost closed my eyes when...
The door opened.
'Hey losers, we're home- oh my gosh what the fricking frack are you doing?' Donghyuck stood frozen in the door.
I rolled down from Renjun. The boy stood up then offered his hand and pulled me up from the ground too.
'We were cooking when I tripped and fell down, dragging Chae with myself.' Renjun walked back to the hotplate.
Donghyuck smirked. 'Must felt so uncomfortable that you almost kissed, huh?'
I slapped his arm. 'Go and set the table if you want to have lunch.'

*

Later that night, I couldn't sleep. I was just laying down in my bed (this time in my real one) in silence and thinking about the day.
I spent the whole morning and early afternoon with Renjun then Kyungseok insisted the five of us to go and hang out. We went to an amusement park and only came back in the evening.
But one thing always come up to my mind, no matter what I was thinking about.
Renjun.
Renjun, huh? I can't with this guy's actions. In the past days they become..softer towards me??
But the main thing is..I really can't deal with my feelings following his actions.

'What are you thinking about?' Suddenly a deep voice talked. I turned around to face Kyungseok, who was also laying in his bed, apperantely not sleeping.
'Nothing.'
He sighed. 'You can tell me anything.' After a little break he spoke in a disgusted voice. 'Except if it's about Renjun.'
So sad, I was thinking about him-
'Well-' I tried figuring out how to say it. I suddenly smiled as I remembered his smile while he told me about his friends.
'Oh no, don't tell me something like: I was thinking about last night, the memory of his strong, bare chest-' Kyungseok declaimed then fake vomitted.
'What the heck? I have never seen his bare chest.' It's not like I don't want to- I MEAN
'Really?' He frowned.
'Kyungseok, I wanna tell you something.'
'I'm scared.'
I rolled my eyes.
'Last night, I went to clubbing and got wasted. Renjun brought me home and didn't wanna wake you up so he put me in his own bed. Nothing happened between us, it's all my fault. '
The guy was speechless for a few minutes. 'Oh. Well this was..unexpected.'
I sighed. 'Please don't tell Renjun I told you about this.'
He rolled to lay on his back but still turned his head towards me. 'See I have always known he's a good guy.. And you're irresponsible but anyways. I see how you look at each other. I don't want my two favourite people to hate each other because of  some stupid lovey-dovey thing.'
He leaned closer to pat my arm. 'Good night. And don't overthink.' He smiled me lightly then went to sleep.
Oh my gosh. Why's everybody shipping us really hard? It's not that deep- wait
Wasn't it me who suggested to kiss and it almost happened if that coward Donghyuck doesn't come in?
Yes, it was me.
Then they have every right to ship if maybe I ship us too hehehe

*

'So today's To Do list will be like this. After breakfast, Donghyuck will head to work. Am I right?' Kyungseok took a bite of his french toast and looked at the guy.
Hyuck rolled his eyes. 'Yes. Who the fuck cares that this shit has been standing for 10 years? It's just a museum but everybody acts like it's a fucking palace!'
'Ah, so our Hyuckie's workplace has an anniversary and gives the employees an extra workday? Such a shame..' Renjun laughed to which Donghyuck responded by slapping his friend's arm.
'Hey stop.' Kyungseok scolded them. 'Now, the next thing will be me going to the grocery. Yoona, you're free for today.'
I looked at Renjun who shrugged his shoulders then I turned to Kyung.
'What about us?'
The oldest guy rubbed his neck. 'Well I forgot to told you about this earlier..but Renjun, you will teach her some taekwondo.'
I dropped my chopsticks in shock.
Renjun looked at Kyungseok with wide eyes. 'Why didn't you tell me this? I can't teach her I...... I'm out of practice!'
Donghyuck slapped the table. 'You gotta be kidding me! I refuse to believe Master Huang is out of practice.'
I took a ship of my tea but it was hard to swallow.
I'm very bad at taekwondo and making fun of myself in front of Renjun (who's really good at it I assume) doesn't help.

The end of the chapter
To be continued...

Whoo long chapter
Instead of writing something stupid here, I'll head to write the next chapter so it'll come out sooner maybe😏
Thanks for reading please vote and comment
See you next time mwah

Whoo long chapterInstead of writing something stupid here, I'll head to write the next chapter so it'll come out sooner maybe😏Thanks for reading please vote and comment See you next time mwah